Bergentrückung's Best Nightmare

[Chorus]

"Every human who falls down here must die."

"With enough souls, we can shatter the barrier forever."

"It's not long now."

"King Asgore will give us hope."

"You should be smiling, too."

"Aren't you excited?"

"Aren't you happy?"

"You're going to be free."

'The human walked into the judgement hall and saved with DETERMINATION. As they were walking, they noticed a shadow. A familiar shadow.'

[Sans]

"so...you finally made it. the end of your journey is at hand. in a few moments, you will meet the king. together, you will determine the future of this world. that's then. now, you will be judged. you will be judged for your every action. not for experience. for execution. not for LOVE. no. that's an acronym. for 'level of violence.' the more you hurt, the easier it becomes to distance yourself. the less you will hurt. the more easily you can bring yourself to hurt others. i've seen a lot, kid. i've seen a lot people get a lot of violence...but you. you never gained any. 'course, that doesn't mean you're completely innocent or naive. just that you kept a certain tenderness in your heart. no matter the struggles or hardships you faced, you strived to do the right thing. you refused to hurt anyone. even when you ran away, you did it with a smile. you never gained LOVE, but you gained love. does that make sense? maybe not....now...you're about to face the greatest challenge of your entire journey. your actions here will determine the fate of the entire world. if you refuse to fight, asgore will take your soul and destroy humanity, but if you kill asgore and go home, monsters will remain trapped underground. what will you do?...well, if i were you, i would have thrown in the towel by now, but you didn't get this far by giving up, did you? that's right. you have something called 'determination'. so long as you hold on, so long as you do what's in your heart, i believe you can do the right thing."

'The human thought a second, zoning out. Their choice here will change the world. They looked back at Sans, but he was gone. The human decided to continue. They left the judgement hall and walked into a room filled with golden flowers. In the middle of the beautiful garden, was a goat man dressed like a king. He was watering flowers. He heard the human come in, but he didn't turn around right away.'

[Asgore]

"Dum dee dum. Oh? Is someone there? Just a minute, I'm almost finished watering these flowers....Here we are! Howdy! How can I-"

'He stopped mid-sentence, backing away slightly.'

"Oh. I so badly want to say, 'Would you like a cup of tea?' But, you know how it is. Nice day today, huh? Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, perfect weather for a game of catch...You know what we must do."

'Asgore walked through doorway, beckoning the human to follow, and they did. They were nervous and even a bit scared.'

"So tense. Just think of it like...a visit to the dentist. Are you ready? If you are not, I understand. I am not ready either."

'Asgore walked into another room and the human followed. Inside was the barrier. It was very amazing to watch really, but the human didn't have time to watch.'

"This is the barrier. This is what keeps us all trapped Underground. If...If by chance you have any unfinished business...please, do what you must."

'The human shook their head.'

"...I see...This is it then. Ready?"

'Around Asgore rose seven canisters filled with one human soul each. But one of the canisters was empty.