Clarity

Rosie pov

I'm currently at the local convenient store picking up some last minute items.  I can't help but think about Mathew. I think saying goodbye to him was by far one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Seeing him teary eyed and begging for forgiveness damn near broke my heart.

Lord knows all I wanted to do was run back into his arms just to feel his warmth again, he always had a way of making me feel safe.

But I refuse to be weak. I refuse to allow his confusion to hurt me in the process.  And most of all, I refuse to be cheated on.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even realize that I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I should have watched where I was going" I said gathering my things off the ground.

"Rose?"

I looked up to see Elena.

"It is Rose right?" She spoke with an uncertain demeanor.

I instantly frowned. "It is, excuse me" I said trying to go around her.

"Rose wait" she grabbed my shoulder.

I stared at her waiting for her to say something. She seems as if she's having an internal argument with herself.

"I-I just want to tell you that Mathew, he really-"

"He already told me everything so there's no need to explain" I said pulling my purse on my shoulders.

"I never meant for this to happen, I'm so sorry"

I sighed heavily, "look Elena, there's no need to apologize. It's over between him and I, he's all yours now"

"Rose please. Mathew really loves you-"

"No! You know what Elena I'm done. This conversation is over. Now if you don't mind I have to go"

I walked away before I exploded. How could she possibly know that Mathew loves me? Does he talk about me with her? I sighed. Thinking about this isn't going to solve anything, its just making me angrier.

Without another thought of them. I hopped in my car and headed for the airport.

Elena pov

I watched her walk off. I can't help but feel so guilty.

At least now you know he told her.

I'm just so embarrassed with myself. Some how, I lost total self control, some how, I've become the other woman.

I got into the car with these thoughts heavily on my mind and took the short drive home.

As I pulled up to my house, I see Mathew sitting there on my stoop. My heart began to beat a mile a minute. I didn't think he would even want to see me.