Chapter 22 (last chapter)

This..is..the..final..chapter..oh..my..god..

Bounce, bounce, bounce.

I was panting hard, the feel of air coming in and out of lungs burned as it went down my dry throat. I had been numb, I couldn't think, I was acting purely on instinct and I'd been playing horribly because of it.

I looked up at the score board; we had five minutes left and were down by 6, we needed to score. We needed to win. I looked to my right seeing Zayn, sweat soaked clothes and his hair ruffled, dripping with sweat as he kept a guy away from where I stood with the ball. Beside him was Louis, his hair wet and dripping with both water and his face red as he too defended me from two guys. He looked at me with blue eyes, wondering what I was doing.

I turned to my left, to see Harry, his hair a mess, sticking up wildly, his green eyes wide with determination as he battled with another opponent. He looked to me and shouted, but I couldn't hear him, there was a slight buzzing in my ear as the crowd drowned out and the only thing I could hear was my pounding heart and ragged breathing. I looked behind me where Niall was, his face red and blotched, his clothes soaked and his hair wet and dripping, his breath was laboured I could tell from the way he was gasping as he battled with another opponent. He looked at me with urging eyes, do it, what are you waiting for? They seemed to say.

I turned to see the Coach yelling wildly from the bench in slow motion as he angrily waved his arms. I frowned and turned to see her. Ruby. She was standing beside the court, placing a hand protectively against her belly. She looked at me, with tears in her eyes and shook her head. She raced down the hall away from the game. No, don't.

I looked at the ring, which I had a clear shot at and then looked back to the hall she'd disappeared down. I stood up straight from my slightly crouched position and lightly tossed the ball over my shoulder, in surrender. I raced off the court, hearing all the noise return, the ball bouncing against the court where I dropped it, the Coach yelling at me, my team mates cursing at me and the crowd shocked and outraged.

But I didn't care.

I ran towards her down the hallway.

"Ruby...Ruby, Ruby. Hey, stop please. What are you doing?" I asked.

She turned around.

"Liam what are you doing?" she asked, tears in her eyes.

"You and me, we are in this together, okay?" I told her as she was pressed up against the wall.

I looked into her eyes deeply and all other things disappeared, she was the only thing I could see.

"But, the game, Liam that's your future, you have to..."

"No, the baby is my future," I said.

"That's crazy...."

"You are my future."

"No, I can't. I can't let you just throw this all away. I won't," she said as tears streamed down her face.

I looked at her and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Me and you, Rube," I told her.

She looked at me, her breath came out shaky. I stroked her cheek and kissed her sweetly. Feeling her lips hesitantly kiss me back, I could feel her emotions, relief, stress, worry, love.

I pulled back and rested my forehead against hers.

"It's you and me against the world. I promise I'll stay with you forever. I love you Rube."

I placed my hand on her stomach.

"It's me and you...and our baby."

And that's it. That's the end as I don't really want to go through the whole stories plot line as that would be plagiarising so what did you think? Let me know!

I am actually super upset I'm sobbing holy shit omg thank you so much for 1000 reads! Ilysm seriously I do. Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Again go on and read my other stories as long as no one knows, the sea adventure with one direction, ziam: a bromance or romance, you make me love you, you're my downfall (Larry mpreg) and my imagines and one shots. Thank you ily. Xxxx