Chapter 8: The date

It was Friday and Jamie had just got off the bus. She went to the barn to greet her horse. "Hey boy, how are you?" Jamie asked. Frankel nickered. "Maybe we can go on a relaxing ride later today or something." Jamie said. Frankel pawed and nickered. Jamie giggled then went to go greet her parents. 

"Hi mom and dad."  Jamie said as she walked through the door. "Hello honey." Amanda replied. "Where's dad?" Jamie asked. "He went to the store." Amanda responded. "Okay." Jamie said. 

Jamie went to her room then checked her phone. She had gotten a text from Ben. Jamie blushed. 

............................................... 

Ben: Hi Jamie, I was just wondering if you would like to hang out sometime? Maybe go on a trail ride or something? 

Jamie: I would love to. In fact, I was about to go on a relaxing ride on Frankel so maybe I can ask my mom and we could do a trail ride together. 

Ben: Alright, perfect. 

Jamie: Okay, let me go ask. 

Ben: Okay. 

................................................. 

Jamie jumped up with excitement. She couldn't believe her crush wanted to hang out with her. Jamie ran downstairs to tell her mom the exciting news. 

"Mom, can I ask you something?" Jamie asked. "Of coarse, honey." Amanda replied. "Well, there is this boy that I met when I bought Frankel. I have a little crush on him and he asked me if we could hang out. I was wondering if that would be okay?" Jamie explained. "Sure, but I want to meet him first." Amanda said. "Alright. We were wanting to do something today." Jamie said. "Would he pick you up?" Amanda asked. "I think so." Jamie answered. "Well, if he picks you up that will give me a chance to meet him." Amanda said. "Alright." Jamie said. 

................................................... 

Jamie: Would you be able to pick me up? 

Ben: Yes, my father will drive us to where the trails are. 

Jamie: Alright, well my mom said it's alright. 

Ben: Perfect. We will be there soon. 

Jamie: Okay. 

........................................................  

"Mom, he's picking me up. He will be here soon." Jamie said. "Alright, honey." Amanda replied. "I am going to go get ready." Jamie said. "Okay." Amanda replied. 

Jamie went upstairs to get herself ready. She put on a green shirt that had a race horse on it then put on her jeans and boots. Then Jamie went to the bathroom to brush her hair and teeth. Jamie decided to put her hair in a ponytail. Jamie smiled then went back down stairs. "You're wearing that for a date?" Amanda asked in shock. "Mom, we're going on a trail ride." Jamie replied. "Oh, okay." Amanda said. Jamie giggled then ran outside to get Frankel ready.

"Hi boy. Today, we get to go on a trail ride." Jamie said softly. Frankel nickered. Jamie grabbed Frankel's halter then put it over his head. As she was clipping the halter on, a truck honked outside. "Let's go boy." Jamie said. Jamie led Frankel outside to find Ben and his father. 

"Well, I haven't seen that horse in a while. He looks like a completely different horse." Chris said. Jamie smiled. "He is the best horse I ever had." Jamie said. "He is a sweet horse."  Chris said. "I agree." Jamie replied. 

"Alright, let's get him into the trailer." Ben said with a smile. "Okay." Jamie said. Jamie led Frankel into the trailer with another horse in their. "Ben, is that your horse?" Jamie asked. "Yes, his name is Sun." Ben replied. Sun was a chestnut with one white sock and a star. Jamie tied Frankel into the trailer then closed it up.