❋Nationals Part 1❋

A/N Hi guys! I am so sorry forever I've been on a school trip and I kind of just had writers block, but anyway thank you for reading and for getting me to 4,000 reads.  

 Anyway, I want there to be about three more chapters to this fanfiction and  then who knows, maybe a sequel. Comment if you're maybe interested in a sequel.

Anyway, lets get started!

Remember to vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nationals

The word flashes over and over in my head as I prepare to go on the bus to Chicago and head to Nationals. I feel giddy and nervous and like I'm going to explode. I sit down next to Tina and squeeze her hand. 

We've been talking a lot recently. Tina is the one who got me to call Madame Tibedeaux and try to get her to cometo Nationals. If she comes it may be my last chance to get into NYADA. I have already called her and asked if shes coming but no response.

The bus ride kicks off and we all squeal with excitement. I look around me and see Kurt next to Blaine, Mercedes resting on Sam's shoulder, even Santana is holding hands with Brittany. I look over at Finn, who is sitting next to Puck, and I feel a little hurt.

I miss him. I miss the way he made me feel.

But I cant focus on that now. I have to focus on one thing.

Nationals

~~~~~~~~~~

When we get to our hotel room I flop onto the bed and begin unpacking my things."So, what do you want to do?" Mercedes asks the room. There's a long pause.

"Lets just talk." Tina says finally.

"All right Tina. Hows Mike?" Mercedes asks.

Tina blushes and mutters good. "Very good, in fact," she says "And hows Sam?"

"Oh hes great!"Mercedes says. "I like him a lot. I'm just how happy around him."

"That's exactly how it was like when I met Blaine"Kurt says.

Before I know it they're all talking about boys and I feel that pain in my heart again so I say I'm going to the vending machine. No one even notices.

I walk to the vending machine only to find Finn buying bags upon bags of chips and Cheetos.

"Oh Rachel!" he says dropping a bag of bugles."Hi."

"Hi."I say with a laugh."You excited for Nationals?"

"Yeah, yeah. I think we got our duet down, right?" he smiles that goofy smile I love.

"Well its more of a group number, but yeah. I think we got it down. You know me. Always prepared. I can't wait to sing it."

"You can't?"he says eagerly. "Well I am too. Why'd you leave her room ?"

"Oh um.I just wanted some chips."

"Well, I'll get out of your way," he says. "Have a good night, Rach."

"You too." 

I quickly give him a hug and can't help but remember how perfect we used to be together. All of our moments together come flooding back to me and as he walks away I slide against the vending machine and sigh.

He broke my heart, I try to remember. He was just one guy. I can't do this now. Right as we approach Nationals. I get up, grab a bag Cheetos, take three deep breaths, and walk back into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up earlier than everyone else. I look to see Tina quietly snoring. Kurt in a deep sleep. I go into the bathroom so I can start curling my hair and bump into Mercedes.

"Oh hey Mercedes." I whisper.

"Hey honey," She says "Are you okay? You looked like you were having  bad dream"

I remember the dream. In it I told Finn that I loved him that I regretted my decision and that I wanted to get back together. Finn just looked at me and said I'm with Quinn now and then said I don't love you. I woke up at four am hyperventilating.

"Oh yeah. Just nationals stuff." I tell Mercedes

"You're Rachel Berry. You don't worry about that stuff Was it about Finn?"

"Yes." I blurt out. "I can't like him, Mercedes. He broke my heart. He'll break it again?"

Mercedes thinks about it before looking up and says "I know I usually don't say this but you might want to give him a second chance."

"What!" I whisper yell. 

"I know, I know. But hes a good guy and he loves you. Who knows whats going to happen. I'm just saying you maybe should forgive him"

I pause and rub my temples.

"Hey,don't focus on that. Nationals, right?" she says with a thumbs up.

"Yeah sure."

As I go into the bathroom and curl my hair I try to focus on Nationals but my mind always drifts off to where it always goes. Finn.

~~~~~~~~~~

I pace back and forth backstage. I can't help but remember my first glee club competition where I did the exact same thing.

I can't believe it was just 2 years ago. 2 years ago that Finn went up to me and told me not to worry. That I was amazing and that I would rock this. 2years ago that Finn and I became friends. And how that has changed. From not acknowledging my existence to friendship to whatever we are now. 

I smile remembering it. I look through the curtain but Madame Tibedeaux isn't there. I sigh but join everyone in a circle so that we can have our usual pep talk from Mr. Schue.

I just look around trying to remember everything. This is the last time we will all perform together. I squeeze Kurt's hand and smile up at my best friend. I find myself looking up at Finn.

He smiles at me with the half smile I fell in love with. 

"You got this." he mouths to me.

I give him a thumbs up and mouth "You too."

Mr. Schuester makes us all grab hands and I find myself wishing I was next to Finn.

We all yell AMAZING before lining up behind the curtain. 

"You ready?" Finn asks me.

"Yeah but Madame Tibedeaux isn't here." I say sadly.

"Rachel this is your moment. Three years in the making. No matter what happens you're going to go out there and be fantastic just like always. Embrace it. Your moment is here." he says.

"I love you." I finally say. I look up at him with a grin and see he has the same goofy smile.

"I love you too. Lets do this." he says, still smiling.

I kiss him and I feel like I'm floating on air. Nothing can bring me down now. I've never felt so... light. I squeeze Finns hand and pull away from his lips.

"Lets go." I whisper in his ear before striding on stage.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay happy Finchel!

I tried to mimic when Finn said I love you in the first season but I can't do Ryan Murphy justice.

Anyway there will be two or three more chapters. Comment if you're interested in a sequel.

Thank you guys so much for 4k. You're the best

Again remember to vote and comment. Have a good night!