❋Last Song❋

A/N: Oh my god! This is the last chapter! Thank you to anyone who's read this. Whether you started reading yesterday or you've been reading this since the first chapter came out. This has been so much fun! Thanks again for getting me to 5.5k!  You're amazing!

So comment if you're interested in a sequel. I will only publish a sequel if you guys ASK!

By the way, this chapter is more AU than other chapters.

So for the last time here we go!

 ~~~~~~~~~~

I walk in to glee club knowing that it will be the last time. The last time I will walk in wondering what we'll be doing today. The last time I will sit down and look over at my friends excited for the day ahead.

Today I walk in and sit next to Finn. I squeeze his hand and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I can't believe it's all over. I can't believe you're not going to NYADA. I -"

"Rachel, its not over for us. Even if I don't go to NYADA, we're not over. I love you, Rach" Finn says.

"I love you too, Finny-bear." I say with a smile.

"Don't call me that." he says seriously but with a smile.

Suddenly Mr. Schue comes in and I swear I'm going to cry.

"So guys. There is no lesson today. I just want all the seniors to have their chance at a solo. You can all sing whatever you want But remember, this is your last song. Make it count." Mr Schue says, fighting back tears.

Mercedes goes first. She sings "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going." I remember when she first sang it in sophmore year. It was the first time I took her seriously.

Then Quinn, Santana, and Brittany get together to sing "I Say A Little Prayer For You."

Then Mike sings "Somewhere" from West Side Story to Tina. Tina cries, which isn't surprising. 

Kurt performs "Come What May." After he's done I rush up to him and give him a hug. After Blaine does, of course.

Finn and I are the last ones. 

"What do you want to sing?" I ask him.

"I have an idea but you have to sing too." he says and kisses me on the cheek.

"What song?" I ask.

"You'll see." he says with a wink.

I walk up to the front of the room. I've performed here thousands of times but this feels more important than any other performance and I don't know why. 

As the music starts I immediately know what it is.

Just a small town girl.

Livin' in a lonely world. 

Took the midnight train going anywhere.

I look over at Finn. It's amazing how far we've come since we first sang this song. I reach out to hold his hand and pull him close to me as we sing.

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling.

Streetlight people...

Everyone  in Glee joins in for the last chorus.

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling.

Streetlight people...

Don't stop.