Chapter 11

(Ricky Thompson plays Kenneth)

Alex

I was walking to lunch while keeping a look out for Lydia. I Spotted her talking to a good looking guy by the water fountains. I made my way over to them.

"Hey Lydia you still in for lunch." I asked her looking at her and the kid beside her. " Yeah , is it okay if my friend joins us?" She sked shyly. I smiled at both of them.

" Yeah, sure. I'm Alex." I told him extending my hand for him to shake. There was a moment of silence before he took my hand.

" I'm Kenneth." He said.

"Well Kenneth nice to meet you. We should get going my friends are very dramatic." I said leading them to the cafeteria , which thankfully they had their own lunch.

When we got to my table Gabe, Jack, and Ava were already there eating.

" Hey guys this is Lydia and Kenneth." I said sitting down with Lydia on one side and Kenneth on the other side of me. "OMG yes new friends!" Ava said squealing.
" Geez calm down Ava. Hi I'm Jack." Jack said.
"Im Gabe."
" oh and Obviously, I'm Ava nice to meet y'all!" Ava said.

   " So how did y'all meet Alex. I mean she's not one known to make friends. No Offense Alex." Gabe said. I was in the middle of eating my fruit roll up.
" Non taken." I said with a sweet smile.

" Well um, Alex saved me from Lacy and —" Lydia was saying before I cut her off. "Her idiot Barbie's. Like really making fun of someone because of their sexuality. " I said slightly pissed off.

" What a bitch. I don't what makes her more stupid but it really works." Ava said pissed off.
"How about you Kenneth ." Jack asked him.
" I just met Alex she seems nice." He said. Then everybody at the table laughed even me except for Lydia and Kenneth, who were confused.

" Please Alex is anything but nice. You know one time she punched a boy in face because he was trying to flirt with her. That was in 8th grade." Jack said.

"Well either way welcome to our friend group." I said.

"So how long you two been friends." Ava asked Kenneth and Lydia.
" Well since middle school and then I came out as a lesbian and Kenneth was my only friend since then." Lydia said.

"Yeah and when I came out also Lydia was there." Kenneth said.

"Well here we don't judge so feel free to talk to us whenever we want." Ava said giving them a genuine smile. They nodded.
"So what do y'all do?" Kenneth asked us. "We're all on the basketball team." I told. "Really cool." Kenneth said.
"What do y'all do." Ava asked.
" Well I'm into art and Kenneth is into music." Lydia said.
"Awesome. So your an artist and your—." I said not knowing what Kenneth was into.

" Composing music but Lydia likes to sing what I write." He said.
"Cool." I said.that's how the rest of lunch went. And honestly they weren't bad. I invited them to my house on Friday for a movie night.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

I was waiting for Ava by my car so I could drive her to the diner like Gabe told me too. Jack was going to meet me there. Finally after 10 minutes of waiting she came out the school.

" Hurry up." I yelled as she got in the car. "Geez what the rush." She asked.
"Here put this on." I said putting a bandana around her eyes and handing her ear buds.
"Don't asks questions or so help me I will punch you in your throat." I said, and she quickly shut up.

I pulled into the parking lot of the diner to see Gabe inside and jack waiting out by the door. I waved him over to help me get Ava out the car and into the diner.he jogged over and helped me get Ava into the diner.

I didn't even recognized the diner it was decorated for a romantic dinner. Who knew Gabe was this creative, well I guess that's what happens when you've been crushing on a girl for awhile.

 Who knew Gabe was this creative, well I guess that's what happens when you've been crushing on a girl for awhile

"Wow your a crazy romantic." I said as I walked Ava towards him. If your wondering she can't hear Nor see us. "Anything for her." Gabe said looking at a clueless Ava.

"I don't say this often but this is wow!." I said smiling at my friends.
"OK do you need us to stay or ?" Jack asked.

"No I got this y'all can leave." He said. "OK good luck bro. Tell us how it goes." He said patting him on the back. Jack and I walked out to our cars.

"See you tomorrow" he said into his car I waved him goodbye.

Authors Note

#Gava or #Abe
Mood after reading this chapter

#Gava or #AbeMood after reading this chapter