Chapter 3: Too Late...

Alex POV

I looked at my blurry, wrinkly hands then scrubbed my arms more even though it was red. I sat in the tub while scrubbing my entire body, still seeing the hand prints and hearing the voices and the smells. I held my head letting my tears wash away. I should've died.

I dressed in a long sleeved shirt and sweatpants then looked at the mirror and began crying at the mess I was. I did dye my hair back lavender but that didn't change what I went through. The memories still lurked my nightmares and the feelings still tormented my waking hours. I had no where to run. I had no one to turn to. You might say why not Joker?

"Do you see him?" I asked aloud. He doesn't have the patience for me. I sniffled and opened the top dresser and took out the pistol. Do you see him saying it's okay? I still love you even if you won't come near me? Or I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner but will make it up to you?

"Me neither." I held the gun to my head and chuckled at myself. You can't do it. You can't shoot yourself. Why? I inhaled deeply and looked at my blurry figure.

"Why? Because I went through pain for two years for a man I loved. Why kill myself?" I asked myself. Why go through the trouble, I could've set myself free by turning him in, I could've killed myself if I agreed to them, I could've done so much to cut my ties with him but I didn't. Because I'm stupid. Because I'm in love.

I slowly headed out my room with a shiver and was going to Joker's but just as I was about to knock I heard Harley laughing. I looked down and left to go to the clinic. Maybe the doctor or nurse can help me. I walked on the cold tiles getting goosebumps and shivers until I got to the clinic. I entered seeing no one and began looking for some sleep pills or anything to lessen the pain.

"Hello and goodbye." I yelled in pain as a sharp pinch in my shoulder made my eyes water. I elbowed the person then quickly whipped around. My heart raced dramatically and sunk to my stomach as I looked at Dr. Q. Shit.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance." She said holding a knife. I walked behind the hospital bed and quickly held it feeling my legs numb along with the world spinning. I held my shoulder and pinched it to stay awake.

"Why, why didn't you?" I asked trying to swallow. I held the bars tight feeling my right arm get numb. Stay awake. I just have to stay awake.

"I thought maybe you had some sense in you and because breaking you was fun." She replied swinging the knife. I grabbed a scalpel and blinked as she became two figures. I slowly stalked to her with a glare.

"Well, karma is a bitch." I yelled as I ran to her and groaned when she cut my arm. I punched her then held her wrist and quickly snapped it making her scream in pain and stabbed the scalpel in her other arm. I dropped it getting dizzy and held the wall leaning forward while she yelled and rolled in pain. I fell to my knees as it went numb then over onto my side as my entire body did. I passed out just as I heard muffled yelling.

I groaned opening my eyes and adjusted to the bright light. I sat up slowly and winced from the pain in my shoulder. I laid back down then carefully sat up and looked around. I slid off Joker's bed and collapsed to the floor groaning, feeling some pain. I waited for a few minutes before trying again and successfully standing up and walking to the door. I opened it and frowned as I looked at Harley and Joker kiss. As soon as they stopped I was already walking away, running not an option in my state.

"Darling, you shouldn't be up." Joker said walking up to me. I sniffled and wiped my eyes while leaning against the wall for support. Now he cares.

"Leave me alone." I replied getting closer to my room. I gritted my teeth from the numbing pain of my senses coming back.

"She came onto me-" Joker said trying to grab my arm. My heart stopped as I grew icky.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled pushing him away. I held myself shaking, wanting to get away from everyone. I continued walking as he breathed upset.

"Let me g-" I struggled against him then grunted, falling to the floor, as he backhanded me. I held my cheek avoiding his gaze and headed back to my room hearing him curse. I locked myself in the bathroom and slid against the door with tears streaming down my face. I sniffled feeling my throat dry up and held myself as I shook.

"You were saying?" I muttered with mock. I held my legs sobbing as the image of them kissing played vividly in my head. I grabbed the razor off the tub and lifted my sleeves to see my other cuts still fresh from my shower. I sniffled feeling my heart ache then the voices whisper before a numbing pain began making me shake. I winced as I created a clean cut, the suffocating air loosening up.

I looked at my bleeding wrist feeling calmer and sat in the pain to stay awake, not getting tormented, and to not welcome the coming nightmare. I stare blankly at the wall and felt tears slid down my face. I looked at my still bleeding forearm and put alcohol on it making it burn, my tears instantly stopped falling.

I got up after wrapping my arm and headed into my bedroom. I sat against the headboard and looked at the door, waiting for it to open. Wait, Dr. Q is still here. I smirked and slid off my bed and headed down to the clinic, successfully avoiding Joker or Harley, and bandaged her up.

"Like I said, I'll make you pay." I glared at her then tied her up and held a knife. And boy will it hurt.