Chapter 7: I'm Listening...

Joker POV

I watched as Alex took a swim and surfaced then threw the beach ball to me. I hit it back making her chuckle and swim over. As long as she's okay I'm fine.

"Done yet?" I questioned as she climbed out. I sighed when she threw the ball at my head and wrapped a towel around herself. I headed back inside with Alex following and went into my room. While she changed I got comfortable on my bed. I took a sip of my drink and glanced at my bathroom door then did a retake to see her wearing a little see through black nightdress.

"Teasing has it's consequences." I said loosening my tie. She crawled onto the bed and straddled my waist with a lip bite. I unconsciously closed my eyes as she softly pressed her lips against mine. I put my drink down and ran my hand through her hair while pulling her closer.

"I missed you." Alex whispered against my lips. I licked my lips as she looked into my eyes with passion in hers. It made my heart sink with disgusting twists in my stomach. I pulled her close and greedily kissed her getting a groan. I slipped my blazer off while Alex unbuttoned my shirt and began kissing with more desire.

"So impatient." I chuckled stopping her hands as she tugged on my pants. I pulled her back for a kiss when a knock on my door sounded. Ignore it and it'll go away.

"Mr. J, there's intruders again." A henchman said making me clench my fist. I pulled away and kissed Alex's cheek.

"Handle it." I replied as she turned her head. She inhaled sharply as I ran my hand up her side. It's been so long I'm almost dying for this moment.

"They're here for Alex." He said making her move away. I sighed and patted her cheek and moved her off me.

"Give me a moment darling." I groaned getting up and grabbing my blazer. They want a visit then a greeting they'll get.

"Joker.." She whined with a blush. I chuckled opening my door and slipped my blazer on.

"I'll be back." I assured before shutting the door and leaving. This might take awhile.

After greeting those officers kindly I headed back to my room without my blazer. Didn't say they were kind also. I entered and closed my door quietly seeing it was dark. I walked over to Alex to see she was fast asleep with a exhausted look. I took my shoes off and got in next to her then played in her lavender hair while looking at the ceiling. What she said and did the other day, we both are in too deep. I looked at her frowning. Or maybe she's too conflicted and lost.

I opened my eyes hearing Alex whimper and move in her sleep. I sat up when she jumped up panting and looking around. Her eyes landed on me then she laid her head on my shoulder and cried. Why won't she tell me what's wrong? For months I've been waiting, maybe she'll never tell me.

"Joker." Alex whispered making me gently rub her back.

"I'm here, what's wrong?" I asked moving hair from her face. Her eyes were dark and bloodshot with more tears coming out.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She said clutching my shirt, staining my shoulder with tears. Why so sad?

"It wasn't my intention to betray you. The only reason I was locked away for so long was because I didn't agree to help set you up." Alex said making me confused. 

"What?" I questioned making her pick her head up. She suffered more because she didn't want to set me up. How sweet.

"It didn't matter, if I set you up we'd both die." She said sniffling. Well of course, but not that easily. I let Alex move from me and watched as she paced around then finally snapped.

"It's all my fault! I'm so stupid and weak! I should've stayed in the car and forget the necklace but-Oh god." She held her head crying. I got up and gently held her hands, caressing her knuckles.

"What happened that day wasn't planned. If I'd known I'd come with you or stopped you from leaving. You're not weak, you're still alive and fighting." I said making her sniffle and look down. She does stupid things but has enough intelligence to manipulate.

"But...I couldn't do anything." Alex said falling to her knees. I lowered myself to the floor and held her cold hands secure.

"I wish it didn't happen. Maybe if I tried harder or cleared my head I could've stopped them but I couldn't. I'm sorry I'm weak." She said shaking her head ashamed, telling me everything that happened. I closed my eye feeling rage boil inside me but released a breath and wiped her face, looking into her blurry eyes. They're gone now.

"I don't hate you, my heart hasn't changed, and I know in your position they forced you into a weak state." I said giving her hand a light squeeze. Alex sniffled and looked down sobbing.

"My darling is still there, she's a fighter." I lifted her chin up and gave a reassuring smile. "I'll wait for her until she's back."

"I love you Alex." I held her head as she laid her head on my chest. I held her in my arms and kissed her forehead making her hold me tight. We'll get through this, together.