Chapter 14: Never Gonna Let You Go

Third POV

It was a few days after Joy's birthday and Louise had to go shop for more dog things. As she exited a store, multiple clicks of a camera could be heard, glancing over her shoulder then entered the car and left, a man looked away from his binoculars and dialed a number, waiting for them to pick up.

"You won't believe this." He began with a smirk, taking a inhale of his cigarette, releasing smoke and a breath, then chuckled. "I found her."

Louise entered her living room after feeding Mia then watched movies with her, eating popcorn and drinking juice. The man from before took a picture of her house just as she stood to search for the remote then felt a pair of eyes on her making her look over her shoulder and close the curtains, ceasing sunlight from entering. He sent the pictures while walking away with a smirk, done his job.

After awhile Louise left to pick Joy up from school then had to run an errand, leaving her daughter with Xara. The evening was going well until a knock sounded making Xara's eyebrows furrow, her putting her finger to her lips making Joy go quiet. She grabbed a golf court and steadily made it to the door and felt her heart skip a beat as the doorknob rattled then the door opened. She yelled swinging the court making the person jump back and grab it with wide eyes.

"Relax, it's just me!" Louise said letting the court go making Xara release a deep breath. They laughed it off with a little joke and left for the arcade. Later that night someone else came to the door, knocking a rhythm. They let themselves in and began to look around for one person of interest: Louise, but she wasn't there.

"She was lucky today, but for sure, not tomorrow." The man said giving a devious grin then left the place like it was. It was one in the morning when they came back through the back door, the people not noticing, and laid a sleeping Joy to bed.

"See you tomorrow." Xara said yawning, slowly yet eagerly heading into her room and falling fast asleep.

"Night." Louise hummed with a smile then laid a sleeping Mia to bed too. She moved hair out Joy's face, her heart pounding against her chest, her eyes softening as she looked at her ball of happiness before kissing her forehead and leaving to bed, but that night she stayed up, too paranoid to sleep, feeling someone entered her house, like something dark was waiting at her door.

The next night, a few minutes after dinner, Louise had to retrieve Danny's sister because her car broke all the way across town. Xara laughed while watching Joy try to teach Mia tricks, the cute puppy only managing to roll around.

"Can we play dress up?" Joy asked standing, looking in her closet for the right kit.

"No, it's your bedtime." Xara replied picking her up with a groan and laying her in bed, her pouting. It was half pass ten, way pass her bedtime.

"Grandma..." She whined trying to get up, wanting to play a little more. Xara chuckled and placed Mia in bed too, tucking them in.

"Bedtime." She said sternly, Joy sighing with a huff, crossing her eyes frowning, stubborn on sleeping. A minute later she reluctantly fell asleep making Xara smile and turn the light off. She went downstairs and began cleaning up then heard the door begin unlocking, thinking it was Louise.

"Back so soon?" She questioned chuckling, dusting off a couch pillow. She looked up with scrunched brows as the door closed followed by heavy footsteps.

"Better late than never." A deep voice all too familiar said making her eyes widen as her heart stopped before she tried running, ultimately getting caught and tied by strangers. She glared at the man before gulping as he unknowingly flashed his gun.