Chapter 9: Downhill

Third Person POV

As Joker left to handle some business, Alex reluctantly went to Dr. Q. She looked at the bruised and tattered woman with remorse and walked over. Dr. Q groaned and opened her eyes as her wrist were freed along with the rest of her body. Alex helped her stand and sat her in a room then locked the door.

Alex placed a plate of food and water on the table that Dr. Q hesitated to eat but couldn't hold back and ate freely. She watched with a frown then sat opposite to her.

"I...I need your help." Alex said sighing, hating she was doing this. Dr. Q swallowed her food and smirked slightly.

"Now-" She stopped at Alex's heated death glare.

"What do you need?" She asked making her sigh. It was officially three years and Alex felt happy and at peace but it didn't feel real, like she was faking it.

"It's been a year and I still feel numb, what do I do?" She asked twirling the ring on her ring finger sad. She felt burdened with her life and didn't understand why.

"I told you from the start, now I'm telling you again, you want a new life." Dr. Q replied serious. Alex looked away feeling her heart ache. She couldn't up and leave this life.

"I don't-"

"You're bored with this life. You want a new name, place, and home. You want to leave all the violence behind, and I can help you if you let me." Dr. Q said drinking her water, enjoying the feeling.

"I can't leave this life even if I tried." Alex replied looking at the ring. A flashback of how she got it made her smile slightly.

"You can't or you don't want to?" Dr. Q asked raising a brow, biting into her sandwich and munching.

"Both. Joker won't let me go and I don't want to let him go either." She replied honest, shaking her head sighing. She loved Joker too much to let go, likewise with him, and knew she'd have to be corned into making such a painful decision.

"You'll die unsatisfied." Dr. Q said serious, clicking her tongue in annoyance. She finished her sandwiches making Alex look down unsure.

"I just need a laptop and a phone and your life with be at a click of a button." Dr. Q said holding her hands up honest.

"How can I trust you?" Alex asked staring at her sceptic. Last time she checked this was the same woman who dedicated her life to make hers terrible.

"How can I?" She retorted making Alex smirked, nodding her head.

"I'm doing this because you deserve another chance." Dr. Q said leaning forward, staring into Alex's eyes. She waited then smiled as Alex stood up and ran a hand through hair sighing troubled.

"You have three days, three, and if I don't see something you're dead." Alex said serious, body tensing.

"Yes, yes, I'll make it quick." Dr. Q replied nervously, knowing her threats weren't empty. She looked up as Alex headed to the door and unlocked it.

"Don't leave this room or make any noise." She said grabbing a key with a solemn look, heart racing at the secret she was keeping. Once Dr. Q nodded Alex left and locked the door then left to the storage room to look for an untraceable phone and laptop. After getting the equipment she headed back and gave it to Dr. Q and set a camera up to make sure she wouldn't do anything hasty.

"Thank you." Dr. Q said before Alex left. She stopped the key from going further then glanced at Dr. Q and closed the door. Upon locking it she left to go meet Joker. He entered through the front door and chuckled as Alex greeted him with a hug and kiss.

"Aren't you tired?" She asked grinning, pearly whites flashing. The door closed as he looked down with his arm around her waist.

"Why?"

"Because you keep running through my mind." Alex replied laughing making Joker chuckle and pat her cheek.

"Cheesy but pleasing." He said looking around the giant living room with a hum.

"I have something I want to show you." Alex whispered grabbing his tie and pulling him down. He smirked as she bit her lip.

"Oh really?" Joker questioned getting a nod, her eyes dancing with mischief.

"Well don't make me stop you." He replied giving her a teasing kiss. Alex looked into his eyes then smirked and turned around, her hand grabbing his.

"This way." She purred heading upstairs to their bedroom. One move went with another and before you knew it she was yelling at him for another reason.

After their heated moment they held each other panting with tired but soft smiles. Alex laid her head on Joker's chest, listening to his heartbeat, as he rubbed her shoulder. She frowned thinking about leaving him then dozed off releasing a heavy breath. He closed his eyes with a slow breath then began dozing off into sleep.

Their moments were fading before Joker's eyes yet he didn't see...