Chapter 15: Before Its Over

Louise POV

"You, of all people, should know to not mess with the Joker." He said with a wide grin, my jaw clenching as I looked into his eyes with a glare, my body fueling with rage. He killed two people I cared about, for what? Revenge? Why not just hurt me and leave them out?

"I'm gonna fucking kill you." I spat sniffling, swallowing my choked sobs. He's gonna pay.

"Do you know what situation you're in?" Joker questioned amused making me look at Danny's face, fresh tears welling in my eyes. He didn't have anything to do with this. I inhaled deeply when Joker bent down and roughly nudged his head making me growl.

"But I can't blame ya, you liked him, didn't you?" He questioned with a bitter smirk then stood as I shook, breathing heavy as adrenaline pumped in my veins.

"I just can't believe it, you really thought you could run from me?" He said running a hand through his hair with a scoff, shaking his head laughing.

"I knew I couldn't." I mumbled looking down at Danny, frowning as I felt tears unwillingly stream out my eyes. It was inevitable, but at least I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder, right?

"I'm glad you found me," I began with a little smile, peering into his eyes that used to hypnotize me,"but I also hate that you did." I sniffled and shook my head scowling.

"The only way you'll escape from me this time is if one of us dies." Joker said checking the ammo on the gun, smirking as his eyes flashed deviously making my skin crawl with bugs.

"Then one of us must, today." I said running my hand on Danny's still warm ones, my heart aching, then inhaled deeply as Joker laughed.

"I'm gonna make you pay." I said letting Danny go, my body going cold as a chill iced my spine.

"You bastard!" I screamed jumping up and grabbing Joker's hand tight while wrestling over the gun. I groaned when he headbutted me and turned me around to choke me but I elbowed his stomach and drew my head back making us stumble and hold our heads groaning. I grabbed his hand with the gun and fought over it, firing shots in the air, then cried out as I felt a burning, stinging pain on my thigh making my legs weak. I gave shaky breaths seeing my thigh bleeding out then glared at Joker with all the hate I could muster. My gaze went to the stairs as I heard soft yet fast footsteps along with screaming. No...

"Stop, leave my mommy alone!" Joy cried hitting Joker's leg, Mia yapping at him. My heart dropped as his gaze went to her too, my wounded leg making it hard to stand.

"No, Joy, go and run! Leave!" I yelled sternly, her moving from him to me, wrapping her arms around me tight. I held her close and shielded her as Joker smirked at me, my heart beating throughout my entire body as I held her tighter, Mia running behind me.

"What do we have here?" He asked moving closer making me hold Joy in a death grip, backing away from him. I tried to stand then screamed as he wrapped his hands around her making her hold me for dear life, screaming in my ear. My grip crumbled slightly as he hit my wound making me wince then yanked Joy out my arms, me instantly grabbing his arm.

"No, let her go!" I yelled trying to get up then fell back into the wall with a grunt as he shoved me away and held Joy up, her looking at him wide eyed.

"Your kid.." He trailed off with a frown, glancing at me. I bit my lip as my tongue threatened to spill he was the father.

"You're a brave one, aren't ya?" Joker said humming, giving Joy a good look. She yelled and began kicking her feet, my eyes watering as I felt powerless.

"Leave my mommy alone, bully." Joy said frowning, kicking more while screaming. Oh god..

"Isn't that cute?" Joker questioned then put her down making me sniffle, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. My eyes widened and I leaned forward when he held her shoulder with a gun pressed to her head, cocking his head at me.

"No, please, don't hurt her, please." I pleaded looking at a oblivious Joy, her whining while reaching for me. She's all I have now.

"Why not?" He asked making me grit my teeth, my entire body tired out yet I didn't feel sleepy.

"I'm begging you, please, she's just a kid." I replied looking from him to her, my heart aching painfully. He hummed then grunted before sighing, my breath hitching.

"No!" I yelled jumping up and covering Joy, taking her from his grasp, then placed her down with a groan, falling on my side as I coughed, it feeling too painful, wheezing as blood sputtered before me. I placed a hand on my side then groaned tasting metallic as my fingers were stained red, it being hard to breathe.

"Mommy!" Joy cried rushing to my side, eyes wide as she added weight on my side making me roll on my back and retreat in a sitting position. How could he try and shoot a child? Is he that desperate to hurt me?

"Come on darling, we're not getting back together so stop jumping for my attention." Joker said laughing, me glaring at him. Ever.

"Mommy?!" Joy cried holding my hand which got disconnected as he pulled her back into his hold, my body too in pain to move.

"It's okay sweetie, I'm okay, and you will too." I assured giving a little smile, her frowning while tears poured out her eyes.

"It's bad to lie." Joker said clicking his tongue making me gulp down the metallic taste and try to calm down my breathing, just taking in small breaths hurting. I felt my eyes water once more as my heart cried when he placed the gun back to her head. Should I tell him? It's now or never.

"Are you really going to kill your only child?" I blurted out frowning, looking at him through heavy eyes. Stay awake.

"What?" Joker hummed confused, his gaze focused on me. I licked my lips and swallowed before coughing, my throat burning.

"A few months after I left...I was pregnant. She's...your daughter." I confessed looking into his distant eyes, my cheeks burning against my will, Joy looking at him wide eyed.

"You think I'd believe that?" He asked storming up to me with a scowl, shaking in anger.

"Believe what you want, she's yours." I replied smiling with a scoff, looking into his green eyes. Flashes of red and blue illuminated us as the shrill sound of sirens filled my ears then my heavy eyes closed. Joy sat by my side and wrapped her arms around me tight, begging me to say something or crying babbles, trying to assure us it was going to be okay, but my hearing got cut off by now.

I told him, finally. Now, it's time for me to go to that bright light. Take care Joy, mommy will always love you. Goodbye.