Chapter 11: Paranoid

Joker POV

I hummed while taking apart my gun then putting it back together. I released a heavy breath then glanced at the door as Harley entered. What could she possibly want?

"Hey Puddin'." She said grinning, licking her red lips. I resumed humming and held a bullet between my fingers, the cold metal warming up.

"What is it Harley?" I asked taking a sip of my liquor, tasting the bittersweet strawberry, and looked at the ice.

"I just wanted to let you know little Dolly is playing russian roulette." She replied with a smirk, twirling the end of her hair. Russian roulette? I put my gun down and headed to Alex's room and entered. I looked around seeing random things lying around the carpeted floor, from teddy bears to bullets. I picked a purple teddy bear up and threw it on the bed then began heading to the bathroom hearing a click, sounding all too familiar, and hummed as it opened. I smirked as Alex walked out wearing a robe, hair damp as she looked like a master piece.

"What's up?" She asked walking by me and sitting at her vanity mirror, blow drying her hair. I looked at her face feeling my heart ache before exhaling deeply, still disliking the feeling, and walked over to Alex making her turn the blow dryer off and look at me.

"Why's your room such a mess darling?" I asked placing my hand under her chin and turning her head to me. I looked into her eyes and tightened my hand slightly.

"Why do you make me feel like a mess?" She asked with a smirk, a amused scoff coming from me. I let her chin go and headed over to her closet and opened it then pressed my hand on the top shelf then checked in a sealed compartment and found the gun. Sneaky one.

"Let's go to a club." Alex said getting up and brushing pass me, picking up two sets of heels. I groaned and began walking away making her shake her head with a smile, amused by my frustration.

"I thought you weren't feeling up to it." I replied shaking my head, rubbing my temple taking deep breaths. I turned away as her arms went around me with her head on my back.

"I changed my mind." She replied then moved back to her closet. A little too much. I pulled on my tie then leaned against the wall with a smirk as Alex turned back to me wit a smile.

"Which one?" She asked holding up two pieces of clothing making me shrug, her walking in front of me to give me a better look. "I can't choose. I like this color but I like this texture too."

"Doesn't matter, you'll still be beautiful." I replied wrapping my arm around her waist, her cheeks turning crimson. She balanced the clothes in one hand and held my tie,  pulling me closer. I bit my cheek as I looked into her greyish eyes twisting up a storm, a heavy feeling in my chest making it hard to breathe and felt my heart beat faster.

"Not helping but I'll take it." Alex mumbled then gently kissed me before caressing my cheek making me unconsciously fall into it. I acted like I didn't care but deep down I was annoyed whenever she stopped that. I need a drink.

"Can you help me baby?" She asked struggling to pull her dress up, standing in her hot lace pink bra and underwear. I headed over as she huffed with a pout, peach lips standing against her slightly pale skin. I hooked my fingers on the dress and began pulling it up then stopped as Alex laughed while moving. She turned around and held my shoulder with a sheepish smile, gaining some pounds. I finally managed to pull the dress over her lower half then tied the strings getting a thanks. Once she was done we headed out to a club of my choice since she couldn't choose between any ones I suggested.

"Don't venture too far." I said squeezing her hand, heading to the top level.

"I won't." Alex replied letting my hand go and venturing off, getting lost from the many people and flashing lights. I sat at in a private booth and got a drink, enjoying it greatly. I leaned back with a smirk as a guest came.