Chapter 8: Numb

Alex POV

I blankly held the necklace in my hands and let my tear drip onto the tiles, the puddle getting bigger. I told Joker everything, he comforted me, he forgave me, so why do I feel like this? Should I still feel like this? I picked my head up hearing a knock on the bathroom door.

"Darling, we'll be late if you don't hurry." Joker whined making my wipe my nose. I looked at the wrapping on my wrist and released a breath.

"I'll be down soon." I replied making him hum and leave. That was five moths ago, making it be a another year, but I still felt burdened. Maybe I just need to try and forget it. Maybe I'm still trapped. Maybe this is reality.

I fixed myself then headed out the bathroom and down the stairs, my curls bouncing, and smiled as Joker turned around. I held the necklace out once I got to the last step making him grab it. I lifted my hair as he went behind me and put the necklace on then blushed as he kissed my cheek.

"My, my, my. Teasing again are we?" He questioned making me chuckle. I held his hand, our gloves rubbing, and let him walk me to his Lamborghini. We got in and drove off to wherever he had planned. It was our anniversary, not married just yet, but celebrating our love. I looked out the window and smiled feeling at peace. 

"I was thinking, darling, why not go to the Bahamas or Miami." Joker said chuckling making my turn to him. 

"What? Move?" I asked biting my lips. He glanced at me and nodded.

"Exactly as I was suggesting." He replied smiling. Oh, out of this place to somewhere new and beautiful? Yes please.

"I'd say when do we pack?" I asked moving out my seat to him. I glanced at his lips making him chuckle and turn to me.

"I love your thinking." Joker said as I put my hands on his face. I neared his face and smiled.

"And I love you." I said genuine, giving him a kiss. I chuckled as he slowed down his driving. Nervous?

"We'll crash if you don't move." Joker mumbled giving me access. I gave him a teasing French kiss and chuckled amused.

"Then we'll crash." I laughed and moved back to my seat as he groaned, a sign he was getting conflicted. We parked outside a restaurant and entered getting whispers. I waved to the people making Joker sigh and mutter. We headed to our reserved side and sat at a made table. I put my hand in his as he held his out for mine.

"I'm glad you're back." Joker said kissing my hand. I smiled feeling heat rush to my face. Am I? I shook the numbing feeling off and looked into his eyes.

"I'm glad I'm back." I replied making him smile. We ordered and talked between the food and drinking. I laughed as Joker covered his face while I danced by myself.

"Are you really letting me dance by myself?" I asked grinning wide, my cheeks hurting. I spun around as a romantic and instrumental song played. I looked at the beautiful decorations on the ceiling and felt warmth enter my heart.

"Yes, if I didn't make it obvious enough." Joker replied sipping more champagne. I threw flower petals on him making him turn his back to me. I shrugged and lifted my red maxi dress.

"Okay, I'll go find someone willing to dance with me." I turned and was about to walk away until my right arm was grabbed. That was easy.

"That's dangerous." He whispered in my ear. I turned around letting my dress go and wrapped my arms around his neck pouting.

"Just one?" I asked looking into his eyes. Please, please, please?

"One." Joker replied making me smile. He held my left hand with my right hand going on his shoulder and his arm around my waist. Another song began to play as we slow danced with smiles, my heart thumping rapidly.

~I have died everyday waiting for you~

I looked into Joker's green eyes and looked down with a blush as he smirked. I moved my hand down slightly and chuckled as we stumbled.

"That was my fault, I'll admit." He said nodding with a hum. I shook my head and continued dancing with him.

~Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, I love you for a thousand more~

"Can you imagine we'd ever be a thing?" I asked laying my head on his chest. I swear I hated his guts and now I can't stand being without him. I remember the times I always tried to kill him. Good times, good times.

"Another thing that wasn't planned." Joker replied kissing my forehead, my body heating. I inhaled his cologne and felt at ease. Sometimes fate is sweet and sometimes it's a piece of shit.

~I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me~ 

"I'm happy you found me that day or I would've never learned to love someone." I said looking up smiling. I closed my eyes as we kissed then pulled away slowly, my senses tingling.

"I'm glad I didn't kill you." Joker replied making me fall on him chuckling. Funny, funny. I calmed down and we continued slow dancing. Once the song ended he paid and we left home. I stood near the window about to drink but it got taken from me. I sighed as he drunk it then put the empty glass cup down.

"Why can't I drink?" I asked about to pick the bottle up but Joker moved it away. I can handle myself.

"Because you're already a handful." He replied leaning in. I pushed him back and began walking away until I was turned around. I smiled as Joker pulled my close and teasingly moved a strap off my shoulder then held my cheek, my heart racing.

"This is our night but your decision if it's too much." He said serious, making me nod. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. My stomach was filled with butterflies and I could tell Joker knew I was nervous but didn't pressure me. I calmed as he moved my face in his neck and rubbed my bare back. We resumed kissing and became animals as our desire spiked to its highest.

"Antsy are we?" Joker mumbled amused as I pulled his blazer off. I shivered as my dress fell, leaving my top bare, then pulled open his shirt. I continued kissing him as he lifted me to the bed and laid me down. Once we were fully undressed I stopped the kiss feeling my cheeks flare.

"Can the light be off?" I asked making him sigh but comply. I wrapped my legs around his waist feeling more calm and confident and nodded, knowing he could see the movement from the moonlight.

It was truly an unforgettable night...