Surgery - Dad!Derek Shepherd

Requests: Scenario: Derek Shepherd has a daughter named Meagan and she hurts herself and needs surgery but shes scared

A/N: I decided to use just the typical "Y/N" for this. Hope it's good, @mydadaviatorgaming

Y/N didn't even know what happened. At one point she was jumping on the trampoline- Okay, maybe she had a little bit of an idea of what happened. She shouldn't have jumped from the garage roof to the trampoline. Bad idea. Now here she was: screaming while being transported to the hospital. 

"Shepherd!" Richard yelled, trying to get Derek's attention. The neurosurgeon cautiously approached the chief of surgery, his eyebrows raised in confusion. "Y/N's en route here- don't freak out- with an open fracture of her femur." He explained, watching Derek try to figure out what to do. 

"She's here now?" He didn't give Richard a chance to answer as he raced toward the ambulance bay. Callie and Meredith stood by and waited until the ambulance pulled up. They opened the doors and Derek ran to Y/N before either of the doctors could. He didn't speak and only held her hand. Y/N clenched her jaw and tried to be brave. She didn't want her dad to think that she was weak. 

"Let's get her to trauma 1." Callie spoke, wheeling the stretcher into the trauma bay. Derek was right by Y/N's side. Until he was forced to leave. 

"Just let me be in the room." He pleaded with Richard, who shook his head. 

"I can't do that, Shep. You're treated just like the other family members. And family waits in thw waiting room." He shoved the neurosurgeon lightly out the door and proceeded to reenter. Y/N finally began to cry as she felt the pressure that the doctors were putting on her leg. 

"She's gonna need surgery on that femur." Kepner spoke in a hushed voice, trying not to let Y/N hear it. Being Derek Shepherd's daughter, she heard it. And she was terrified. 

"Y/N!" Derek exclaimed when he was finally able to see Y/N. Right when she was supposed to go to surgery. The gurney was being wheeled out when Derek met Y/N at her bedside. 

"Dad..." She choked out between tears. Derek shushed her quickly and grabbed her hand again. 

"You'll be out before either of us know it. It's one small incision in your leg. Quick healing." He smiled at his daughter. Y/N nodded as the doctors stopped the stretcher suddenly. 

"This is your last stop, Derek." Callie smiled sympathetically. Derek squeezed Y/N's hand and let go, watching the gurney move on without him. 

-----

A short 4 hours later, Y/N was in a hospital room. Derek sat by her bedside, waiting for the moment that she awakened. It seemed like an eternity but she finally did wake up. Y/N's eyes fluttered and the first thing that she saw was her dad's concerned face. 

"Your incision is healing well. Callie said you'll be able to go home by the end of the week." Derek smiled. Y/N attempted to mirror it but inevitably failed as her eyes closed again. Derek chuckled, moving the wires from her IV out of the way. 

"Love you, Dad..." She mumbled tiredly. Derek repeated the phrase and Y/N drifted to sleep. One that wasn't induced by anaesthetic.