Just Break It - Andrew Deluca

"If you're gonna break my heart, just break it." Andrew practically pleaded with you. You were silent. You didn't know what to say. And even if you did, you wouldn't want to. He was your everything. And you weren't sure if he felt the same. 

"Why?" You finally spoke after almost 5 minutes of complete silence between the two of you. "Is that what you want?"

"Of course not!" Andrew snapped, taking you by surprise. "I love you, Y/N. But you never seem like you're into it anymore. Us, I mean. This relationship." He reiterated the idea of your relationship several times. "I know that we both work long hours but you could at least make an effort-"

"And you can't?" You interrupted him mid sentence. He let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing his face with the hand that wasn't on the arm of the couch.

"I have been! You just never notice." He stared at you intently, his blue eyes making you slightly uncomfortable. "You never notice how, when I bring you lunch from the cafeteria, I always leave an 'I love you' note underneath the foil. You never notice that I leave a rose for you on the kitchen counter everyday before I leave for work. You never notice the things that I've been trying to do for this relationship!" Andrew shot up from the couch, pacing across the floor. You, on the other hand, were stunned. He was right. You barely noticed the things that he did. You couldn't even point out one that you did.

"You're right." You replied sheepishly from your position on the recliner. Your boyfriend didn't stop pacing. He didn't even look at you. "Andrew, you're right and I'm sorry." You spoke a little louder this time, making him finally look at you. "I need to put more effort into this relationship." He scoffed at this.

"Do you know how many times I've heard that from you?" He sat on the couch, this time closer to you. "We have to communicate. We have to try harder-."

"I have to try harder." You corrected the surgeon. "You've done all you can, babe. It's my turn." You smiled widely. "Maybe we can grab some dinner? My treat." Andrew laughed.

"My treat." He stood up, getting his coat and shoes on rather quickly.

"Whatever you say." You smirked, holding on to his arm as he walked you out of your house. You knew that this wasn't the end of the discussion but it also wasn't the end of the relationship either. Win-win.