Chapter 1: Planned From The Start

After the Gambling Ball the Devil fled from Inkwell Isle. All thanks to one person... Cherry. She was the only one slick and smart enough to play the Devil at his own game. When the Devil left King Dice took over the Casino, he was planning a refurbishment for the entire Casino. This was going to take some time before the Casino could be opened once again. Everyone couldn't be happier, Inkwell seemed brighter and more lively. Deep down Cherry was the only person who wasn't happy, with her soul contract still missing she began to lose hope of finding it. She could feel deep down that the Gambling Ball wouldn't be that last time they saw the Devil. Besides he was coming back... he still has a debt to collect.

The morning after the Gambling Ball and Cherry had decided to go home and stay with Cuphead, Mugman and Elder Kettle. King Dice went home with Cherry and stayed over the night, he ended up sleeping on the sofa. In the morning Cherry woke up and went downstairs to see how King Dice was doing, when she reached to bottom of the stairs he was sound asleep. She giggled slightly then crept over towards him. What she didn't realise it that he was actually awake a fully aware she was walking towards him. Cherry rested on the back of the sofa and gently ran a hand up and down King Dice's cheek.

Like a bolt of lightning King Dice grabbed Cherry's hand and pulled her over the back of the sofa and onto the front cushions. She shrieked and tightly shut her eyes, King Dice slightly chuckled and looked down at her.

"Did you think I was asleep?" Said King Dice as he gently ran a hand up and down Cherry's face, trying to make her open her eyes again.

"Well... yes... when you're acting like a zombie" Replied Cherry as she looked up at King Dice and let a laugh escape her mouth.

"Oh I'm a zombie now am I?" Said King Dice in a fake offended tone as he pinned Cherry down to the sofa.

"Only cause you tricked me into believing you were asleep" Replied Cherry as she smirked at him, trying to slip free from under King Dice.

"Okay you have a point... but it's cute when you shriek" Said King Dice as he drew his head closer to Cherry's, staring into her bright green eyes.

Cherry blushed a bright pink and glanced at the floor beside her. Quickly she turned her head back and locked lips with King Dice. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to King Dice's chest, softly he wrapped an arm around Cherry's back to support her.

"You two need to get a room" Said a voice from behind them at the bottom of the stairs.

Both of them pulled away and looked over to the bottom of the stairs. It was Cuphead and Mugman standing there fake gagging. Cherry started to shake her head with a smile plastered on it.

"And you two are up this early because?" Said Cherry as she looked over towards Cuphead and Mugman, she had never seen them up this early before.

"We heard a shriek and came to see if everything was alright" Replied Mugman as he stopped fake gagging and looked over at Cherry and King Dice.

Cuphead and Mugman both walked over to the sofa, Cherry and King Dice moved over to let both of them sit down. It was a three seated sofa so Cherry was sitting on King Dice's lap while. Cuphead looked towards Cherry with a wondering expression covering his face.

"Cherry... how did you end up defeating the Devil last night?" Asked Cuphead as a look of curiosity clouded his eyes as he looked at Cherry.

"He does have a good point... how did you defeat the Devil?" Said a voice from behind them.

All four of them turned around to see Elder Kettle walking over towards his arm chair.

"It was all planned from day one... you see once you boys had been kicked out Dice let me stay in his room and me being curious I went into his office... I found a book called Guide To Gambling" Said Cherry as she looked around at King Dice, Cuphead, Mugman, And Elder Kettle, a small smile was on her face.

"Is that what you were doing in my office that night?" Interrupted King Dice as he raised an eyebrow and looked at Cherry.

"Yeah... I thought you knew" Replied Cherry as she looked at King Dice slightly confused.

King Dice shock his head and gestured for Cherry to carry on explaining.

"Anyway... I learned a few tips from the book... while I was working in the Casino I learned that different types of die were used in the games... so when we decorating the Ballroom I asked Beppi to put a pair of Lucky Dice inside the ballon he ended up bursting... and finally a few hours before the Gambling Ball I asked Dice to show me a few card tricks... I done the same with the Lucky Dice as the Ball and the rest is history" Continued Cherry as a wide smile grew on her face, then she wrapped her arms around King Dice and hugged him.

"You're unbelievable... you know that Cherry" Said Cuphead as he gave Cherry a wide smile.

"What can I say... it runs in the family" Replied Cherry as she had a mischievous smile on her face and playfully shrugged her shoulders.

"Whatever" Said Cuphead as he playfully nudged Cherry's shoulder and gave her a wide smile.

"Anyway I'm gonna head back to the Casino... it's time that place got a refurbishment" Said King Dice as he looked down at Cherry who was still sitting on his lap hugging him.

"I'll come as well" Replied Cherry as she got off King Dice's lap, she stood in front of him and held a hand out towards him.

King Dice grabbed Cherry's hand and she helped him stand up. Swiftly he wrapped an arm around her waist and both of them walked out of the door, heading towards the Casino. The sun was shining down on Inkwell Isles, the grass bright and full of life. Today was the start of a new world without the Devil.