Chapter 15: A New Start

Everyone was happy now that the Devil had been defeated. The Debt Collectors were the first to accept the change in the Devil, then a few others could see the change and started to chat with him. Some of Inkwell were a bit apprehensive about the whole situation but soon lightened up. The Casino was bright and full of life for the first time in years. Games were played fairly with no scams involved. The Ballroom alive with the sound of chatter and laughter.

The Dice family were chatting with the Debt Collectors. Thanking them for helping them out of the fire that day. Rebuilding an old bond they used to have. Many of the people from Inkwell were talking amongst themselves, enjoying the new atmosphere the covered Inkwell Isles. Among all this one person was missing. Cherry was out on the balcony just staring out into the distance.

"Hey where's Cherry?" Said Alexa as she glanced around the Casino ,then looked over at her family next to her.

"I'm not sure... I haven't seen her since we got here" Replied Jaxon as he glanced around the Casino then back at his twin sister, he shrugged his shoulders and turned towards their parents.

Both of them shook their heads and glanced around the Casino not seeing her anywhere.

"She wouldn't have left... would she?" Said their Mother as a slightly concerned expression covered her face.

"I'm sure she's around here somewhere... she's probably with some of her friends" Replied their Father as he wrapped an arm around his wife, pulling her closer to him.

"I can see why Cherry's the most skilled out of all of you now" Said the Devil as he crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow, completely stunned with all their observation skills.

"Huh... what are you talking about?" Replied Alexa as she lent against a wall, glancing over towards the Devil confused with his response.

"I suggest you look out towards the balcony" Said the Devil as he pointed a finger towards the balcony, an emotionless expression covered his face.

All the Debt Collectors looked over towards the balcony. They saw Cherry leaning on the railing, staring off into the distance.

"What happened?" Said Jaxon as he glanced around at his family, confused as to why Cherry would be on her own.

"She has an argument with me" Said a voice from next to them.

The five of them looked to the side to see King Dice standing next to the Devil. Alexa raised an eyebrow slightly confused.

"Why would that upset her?" Replied Alexa as she crossed her arms over her chest, an unimpressed expression covered her face.

"Because Dice is dating her" Interrupted the Devil as a smug look covered his face, as he glanced at King Dice.

"Well... I don't know the situation anymore... after that argument I'm surprised she didn't shot your head off" Continued the Devil as he tried to hold back a laugh, a grim slowly forming on his face.

"I am as well... the skills she has are incredible... there's no way she'll even say a word to me if I try talking to her now" Replied King Dice as a slight defeated expression covered his face, he glanced towards Cherry standing on the balcony.

"I'll go and talk to her... soften her up a bit about the whole situation" Said the Devil as he placed a hand on King Dice's shoulder, a genuine smile grew on his lips.

Before King Dice could even respond the Devil strode off towards the balcony. Cautiously he opened the doors and immediately Cherry glanced over her shoulder, then back out into the abbys.