Chapter 14: United Again

Running across Inkwell Isles. The wind in their hair, the thrill now starting to drill through their bodies. Cherry, Alexa, Cuphead and Mugman were running along side each other. A determined expression covered each of their faces.

"Alexa carry on straight to the Devil and our family... Cuphead, Mugman follow me" Ordered Cherry as she gave Alexa a nod and gestured Cuphead and Mugman to follow her.

Alexa gave Cherry a firm nod then carried on running ahead of them. Cherry, Cuphead and Mugman took a sharp left then right and carried on running. Her eyes kept glancing at the hedge row beside her looking for the gap where Cuphead and Mugman ran out of last time. Passing the Casino everyone was standing on the front steps talking amongst themselves. Like lightning Cherry, Cuphead and Mugman ran by not taking any notice of the entire Casino watching them fly by.

"So Cherry what's the plan?" Asked Mugman as they slowed down now at a light walk, nearing the edge of the field.

"I need you two to distract the Devil while I try and sneak around him" Replied Cherry as she stuck her head around the gap in the hedge and field, her eyes scanning the entire field.

"Anything to distract him?" Said Cuphead as he looked at Cherry, a determined expression covered his face.

"Anything" Repeated Cherry as she gave the pair of them a firm nod and carried on round to the other side of the field.

Cuphead and Mugman nodded at each other then looked through the gap in the field. Meanwhile Alexa had just made it back to the Devil and her family.

"Well... did you destroy the Cup brothers?" Said the Devil as he looked down at Alexa, an unimpressed look covered his entire face.

"Not excatly" Replied Alexa in a sheepish tone as she twiddled her fingers slightly.

"Hey Devil" Shouted Cuphead as him and Mugman walked towards the Devil, finger guns loaded and ready to fire.

What do you two want?" Snapped the Devil as turned around to face the Cup brothers, an agitated look clouded his eyes.

"We want to take you down" Said Mugman as he pointed his finger gun towards the Devil along with Cuphead at his side, back to back ready to start a battle.

"You think you can take me down?... You have another thing coming" Boomed the Devil as steam started to burn out of his ears, rage covered his eyes.

"Yeah and you have another thing coming as well" Replied Cuphead as a smug look covered his and Mugman's face.

The Devil jolted back slightly in confusion. Suddenly Cherry flew up a good few feet in the air, guns aimed at the Devil. Spinning like a pinwheel she started to fire bullets like it was the end of the world. Coming closer and closer to the Devil. Gracefully she landed just behind Cuphead and Mugman, gun still aimed at the Devil and a devilish smile on her face.

"Miss me" Said Cherry as she gave the Devil a demonic grin and a devilish wink.

"Oh now isn't this cute... the whole family back together" Said the Devil as a menacing laugh escaped from his mouth, almost clutching his side's in pain.

"Yeah back together to take you down" Replied Cherry as she gripped her hand guns tighter, her hands slightly shaking with anger.

"Oh I'd like to see all of you try" Boomed the Devil as he suddenly made the ground start shaking, the sky turning into a burning red.

Everyone was looking up at the sky, shocked to see it now a blazing red. Suddenly the Devil grew and grew and grew until he was at least one hundred feet tall. Quickly chunks of the ground rose up and were hovering at all different levels right up to the Devil. The winds once calm now wild and wirling.