Chapter Four: Brewed Awakening

"It's not a date James!" Jocelynn scorned as she rummaged through a large stack of books. "It's to start a stupid project we have to do, alright?"

"Whatever you say, sweet cheeks." James teased.

Jocelynn shot him the death stare and soon returned to her large stack of books. She searched up and down for something on Taoism and could find nothing.

Retreating to her bed, she sighed loudly and covered her eyes with her hands. "I don't wanna go." She whined.

"Call and tell him then." James smirked.

Realization settled upon her and she sat up, glancing at James. "Ya know what, he never gave me his number."

"I bet he did it on purpose. He knew you'd cancel on him." James snickered. He was very obviously enjoying every single moment of his sisters pain.

"Ugh." Jocelynn groaned as she placed a pillow over her head and fell backwards onto her bed.

"Go take your stinking ass into the shower and get ready." James laughed.

"Hey, watch the mouth. You better not let Delilah hear that." Jocelynn threw the pillow at her brother.

"She's not even home." James retorted.

"Oh yes I am." Aunt Delilah smiled at James. She has a habit of smiling when she's angry. "James, downstairs. Now."

James shot Jocelynn a look and thudded his way down the stairs. Aunt Delilah nodded at Jocelynn before shutting her door. Her lecture began as soon as the door hinged shut.

Jocelynn smiled to herself as she headed over to her closet. She sighed loudly as she rummaged through the hangers.

After ten minutes of searching for anything to wear, she settled with a plain black v-neck and a pair of stonewashed jeans.

She tossed her outfit on the bed and headed into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. It was already 6 o'clock.

-

-

-

-

Jocelynn returned to her bedroom with her usual pink towel wrapped around her body.

As she walked to her bed, she noticed something sitting on top of her black shirt.

It was a necklace.

Her mothers necklace.

Furrowing her brows, Jocelynn picked up the necklace and examined it in her hands. How it got to her bed was a mystery.

Jocelyn dropped the necklace on her dresser and shook her head. "James."

-

-

-

-

-

Jocelynn pulled up to a new coffee shop in town. It was called 'Brewed Awakening.'

Jocelynn smiled to herself as she parked her little black Prius in front of the building.

As she exited and locked up her car, she caught glimpse of a man standing by the front doors of the building.

It was Emmett. He leaned up against the building, grinning at Jocelynn. "Told ya you'd show up." He teased as she walked up.

"Only because I care about my grades, thank you." Jocelynn retorted.

Emmett held open the door as Jocelynn walked inside. He soon followed her.

"You can try to convince me, but I won't buy it." Emmett smiled as he took a seat in one of the booths.

Jocelynn rolled her eyes playfully. "So where's the books at?"

"I knew I was forgetting something." Emmett grinned at her.

"You better not be serious." She scorned through a smile.

"I'm a very forgetful person, you see." Emmett smirked.

Sighing, Jocelynn called over the waitress as they ordered their drinks.

"I'll bring them tomorrow." Emmett said apologetically.

"Tomorrow is Saturday, dear." Jocelynn grinned as she sipped her expresso.

Emmett raised his eyebrow as he grinned. "Looks like I'll have to come over."

"Very funny." Jocelynn laughed.

Just then, her phone began vibrating loudly in her pocket.

It was her aunt.

"Excuse me for a moment." Jocelynn mumbled as she answered.

"Hello?"

"Jocelynn, the sheriff just called. I think you should come home." Delilah's voice shook as she spoke.