Chapter Eight: Rivalries

How's everyone doing today? I planned on updating at least once a day since I'm on break, but unfortunately my work (Burger King!) thought it would be a good idea to schedule me every single day at like 8 in the morning. I'm trying though!

Any thoughts/comments on last chapter?
Why do you think Emmett has Josies' parents' journal?

***Note: This short chapter will be told in Emmett's point of view;

Happy Reading(:

~

Emmett's pov;

"Hi, my name is Alice." My sister piped as  she saw Jocelynn.

"I'm Jocelynn, or Josie for short." Jocelynn's voice showed indecision as her eyes glanced from Alice to me.

My eyes narrowed at my sister who stood in the doorway. "Alice? What are you doing here?"

Of course she pushed her way past me and focused solely on the fact that Jocelynn was standing here with her parents journal in her hand.

"Well, it's nice to meet you." Alice pulled Jocelynn into a hug that she obviously didn't want. "I'm Emmett's sister."  Alice smiled as she released Josie.

Jocelynn's face contorted with more confusion as Alice spoke. "Emmett said he was an only child."

"She's my step sister. I bounced around from foster homes, remember?" I pushed the front door shut and cringed as it slammed against the doorframe with a satisfying crack.

"Right." Jocelynn's voice was softer than usual.

"Sorry to interrupt." Alice pipped as she looked at the book in Jocelynn's hands. Her eyes immediately met with mine and flashed a warning to me. With a casual shrug, I headed into the living room to take a seat on the couch.

"You wanna tell me what you're doing here, Alice?" I glared at Alice and of course, she completely disregarded my presence.

"I remember this book!" Alice exclaimed  as she tore it from Jocelynn's hands and flipped through the pages. She hugged the book against her chest and hummed to herself. "Dr. Kimmel's work truly amazed my brother and I. You see, when we first took Emmett in," Alice's voice was sharp with lies.  "Our parents were interns for him and his wife."

Alice handed the book back to Jocelynn before continuing her story. "Of course our parents had to travel a few hours out of the way to do work for them, but as a token of appreciation, Dr. Kimmel gave his work to our father. And our father gave it to Emmett."

I shook my head and watched Alice work her magic on Jocelynn. Alice may be innocent, but she sure knew how to bullshit her way through anything.

"Well, " Jocelynn smiled at Alice and I before bidding her farewells.  "It was great to meet you, but you two seem to have a lot to catch up on, so I'm gonna be going now."

"Want me to drive ya?" I asked Jocelynn, looking for any excuse to get away from my sister.

"No, that's okay. My aunt works up the road from here. I'll just swing by there and  catch a ride on her lunch break. I'll see you later." Jocelynn waved as she disappeared out the door, the book disappearing with her.

I kept my mouth shut long enough to ensure that Jocelynn had time to head downstairs before I blew up. "Who the hell do you think you are?"  I roared as I jumped from my seat. "I told you and the rest of them to stay the hell away from me!"

Alice shook her head and crossed her arms. "Did you forget I can see into the future? I've seen what's going to happen, and she can't find out Emmett.  You can't mess with this girl."

My blood felt like fire burning through my veins. "I'll do whatever I want." I scorned.

"Emmett, it's going to be Rosalie all over again.. You can't do thi-"

"Shut up!" I screamed. "Get out of my house! Tell Edward and Bella the same goes for them. I saw them. Get out and don't you dare come back!"  My anger was slowly slipping out of my control.

"This isn't just about you! We all lost her! You're putting us all in danger, now!" Alice screamed as she headed for the door. "Keep your mouth shut, Emmett." 

"Get out!" I screamed again before whipping a large vase at my sister. Before it hit her, she was already out of the door and gone.

"Don't come back." I mumbled to myself as I let my head fall back against the couch.