Chapter Seven: Odd Encounters

Hello wonderous world of wattpad and all who inhabit it! How is everyone doing on this wonderfully cold Friday morning? Well, at least it's really cold in Ohio.

I really hate Ohio.

On a more positive note, the writers block is gone and we're back in business! That means lots of updates coming your way.

My holiday break is coming up! That means no school and no school means more updates! I hope you're as excited as I am.

Let's begin, shall we?

-

-

-

-

To: Emmett
From: Josie
11:06 p.m

You're such a liar. I'm looking at her right now. Thanks for scaring the life out of me.

To: Josie
From: Emmett
11:08 p.m

Gotcha :)  G'night.

To: Emmett
From: Josie
11:09 p.m

Night jerk.

-

-

-

-

A soft vibrating noise filled the room as Jocelynn's phone vibrated wildly on her nightstand.

'1 missed call: Emmett'

Jocelynn stirred for a moment before quickly ignoring the phone and rolling over, going back to sleep.

To: Josie
From: Emmett
7:13 a.m

Wake up, sunshine

To: Josie
From:Emmett
7:38 a.m.

Come on, you're sleeping the day away.

Three hours and 7 text messages later,  Jocelynn finally decided to awake from her slumber. Sighing from tiredness, she sat up slowly and reached for her phone. A small grin tugged at the corners of her mouth as she read Emmett's excessive text messages.

To: Emmett
From: Josie
10:07 a.m

I'm up.

After sitting in her bed for another fifteen minutes, Jocelynn climbed out from underneath her massive comforter and trudged her way to the hall bathroom,  still have asleep.

Last night's events swirled through her mind in a randomized order on repeat. She quickly brushed her teeth and threw her light golden-brown hair up into a bun. Due to her hair being abnormally thick, the bun fell lopsided.

Jocelynn stood in the bathroom for a moment, examining herself in the full body mirror;

Her hair was thick and nearly untamable. It was an odd shade of brown, slightly blonde, but more brown than anything.

She observed the odd color of her eyes. How the the outer iris was dark green and as it grew closer to the pupil, would lighten into blue.

Yawning loudly, she gave up the critique and headed back into her bedroom. It didn't surprise her that she had a message from Emmett awaiting her.

To: Josie
From: Emmett
10:16 a.m

I'll be there in 15 minutes to pick you up. We have lots of work to do :)