chapter 2

You ended up turning around again to just mind my own business and drink my coffee. You also didnt want to bother him, he was obviously busy with his writing.

While you were texting my mom you heard paper being crumpled up. So you turned again and saw him throwing the piece of paper across the table.
He took a deep breath and looked up, he looked very mad by now.
„You okay?" you asked, simply being concerned.
He took off his headphones and asked:"Sorry?"
You repeated your question and he shrugged his shoulder at you. „Not really. I cant think of anything good today."
He leaned back.
„What are you doing anyway?" You turned your body fully to look at him properly. -„Trying to write a song."
I smiled at his words and asked:"What do you want it to be about?"
He again shrugged his shoulder. „Okay, well is there anything mind blowing you've seen in the past days?"
-„I saw a huge squirrel today."
The both of you laughed and he continued:"No i don't know. Im honestly not even in the mood for writing anymore."

You nodded and stated:"Well that solves your problem for now. Don't force yourself to write because that ain't a solution. Just write if you feel like it and it will probably be good."
The boy sent me a sweet smile. „You're probably right. Shouldn't pressure myself."
-„Exactly." you grinned and grabbed your muffin.
„I gotta get going but good luck with your song!"

He nodded at me. „Thanks. I'm Shawn by the way. I haven't introduced myself."
Smiling I answered:"I'm y/n."
Shawn as well smiled. „Was nice meeting you." You told him before walking across the room to the café. He had ended the conversation by saying:"Yeah, you two." and those just three words were replaying in your mind as you walked back to your new home.

Back at Jennas house you had made it your job to finish unpacking your bags and making your mind up about decorating your room. You had brought the fairy light that had been hung above your bed back at home.
You placed it on the ceiling over your bed to make it a bit more cozy in there. With the help of some cute paintings you'd made a while ago, you made your room more comfortable and prettier.
As you were folding your clothes to make your closet look neat -much better than at home- you heard Jennas voice call for you.
„Yeah?" you yelled back.

Just a second later, your door opened and revealed your gorgeous looking aunt. She was wearing a black tight dress and some matching heels.
„Wow." you stated and smiled.
„Could you please run to the grocery story real quick? We're out of flour and I need to bake a cake tomorrow."
She seemed really stressed so of course you agreed as she tried to fix her bun where a tiny strand had fallen out of.
„Let me..." You walked up to her and fixed her hair for her.
„Thanks sweetheart. I'll be back later tonight. Just make yourself some food and please fix that mess over there."
She pointed at the pile of clothes that you'd thrown there in order to fold all of it.
„Im on it." you smiled

„Alright I better get going, I'm late already."
She smiled one last time before you could hear her „run" down the stairs -more like walking as fast as possible while wearing heels and going downstairs-.
„Money's in the kitchen." she yelled at you just before you heard the front door close.

You continued folding your clothes for a bit longer until you were tired of doing the same thing over and over and you slowly walked downstairs to the kitchen.
There you found a list of groceries and some money on the counter and you put the things in your pockets.
After getting dressed again you made your way out of the house. Locking the door and making sure you knew where to go, you started walking through the nice Canadian neighborhoods to do your aunt a favor.