chapter 18

The little bell on top of the door rang as you opened the door.
„Hello what can I get for you?" A young Starbucks employee asked you when you'd reached the counter.
„Hi, I'd like a coffee please. Medium size, whipped cream and a little sugar."
She smiled, you handed her the money and waited patiently for her to finish your drink.
Shawn wasn't here yet, so you grabbed your drink once it was done and sat down on a table somewhere in the corner. Your usual table wasn't available at this point so you were slightly mad about that.
But it didn't bother you too much since it wasn't important anyways where you two sat."
It yet again smelled like Christmas in there, the scent of cinnamon reached your nose and the small lights on the ceiling made you feel like home.

You watched some people minding their own business while waiting for Shawn.
But after a total of 7 minutes he still wasn't there, which was very unlike Shawn.
So you decided to text him and waited patiently for his response, which never came.

Suddenly you heard heavy footsteps approach your table and Shawn almost fell onto the chair in front of you.

„Here I am. Sorry for being late. My sister broke the washing machine and the whole bathroom was flooded, I had to get the water out..."
He was breathing heavily, as if he'd run to their date.

„Hey! It's okay, I texted you but it doesn't matter. You're here."
He smiled and leaned back to catch his breath.

„So, how are you doing honey?"
Him calling you that made you smile.

„Im great. But are you okay?"
He seemed like a mess.
He certainly looked like one. His hoodie was wet and his hair was all over the place.
„Yeah, just a bit tired from cleaning all morning."

You chuckled and eventually spoke:"You want a coffee? Ill get you something."
He gladly took your offer and you got up to get this man his well deserved hot drink.
As you walked across the room you could feel his eyes watching your every step and when you turned around you caught him staring at you.
He looked away sheepishly but you already knew what he'd been doing.