chapter 38

"Do you wanna go upstairs?" Shawn asked after you'd finished your pancakes, smiling at me. "Sure." You replied smiling as well and you two quickly cleaned up the kitchen before heading upstairs to his room. You threw your body onto his bed, staring at the ceiling.
"God that was good." Shawn then said with a grin. "I know right. You're good at cooking, didn't expect that."
-„I'm good at a lot of things." He cockily spoke and winked at you. „Yeah right."

Just a second later he grabbed his guitar and starting jamming a song you didn't know, just to prove his point.
„You dick!" you yelled in between his playing and he laughed at you. He eventually put the guitar away again and spoke:"Told you."

"What time is it?" You asked at some point, looking at him. "Um 11:18". You nodded in response, right at the moment Shawn's cell phone rang and he looked at the screen. "Give me a second." He left his room and you looked after him for a moment.

Shawn took quite a while to come back, and when he did his face looked a bit sad. "Whats wrong?" You asked worriedly and stood up. "Um... I told you I wished I could go on tour soon right?" You nodded and he added:"They called me a couple months ago and now they just called me again for making sure everything is gonna be the way we talked about it... The tour starts next week. I know I shouldve told you but I didnt know how serious we would be once I left and I didnt want to upset you. I'm so sorry."

You got serious right away and swallowed hard. "Why are you sorry?" You then asked, moving closer to him. "Because I'm leaving. And I should've told you..." He sat down on his bed and looked at you. "I mean... You should've told me but it's your life. I have to deal with it." He nodded slightly and replied quietly:"But I'm gonna be gone for about 2 months..."
-„TWO MONTHS?" You almost screamed, your heart dropped. "I'm sorry..." he replied softly, running a hand through his hair:"Do your parents know?" With a slight nod he confirmed and you turned your head to the side to process what he had just told you.

Of course you wanted him to go, it was his job. But still, 2 months was gonna be hard. But on the other hand, you were tough and he was going to be back one day.

"Hey honey..." Shawn then said empathetically and put his arms around me from behind and rested his head on my right shoulder. "Its fine.." you whispered and fought your tears. "I'm sorry..." Shawn visibly felt bad, which made you even more upset.
"I'm sorry." he repeated and you felt his breath on the back of your neck since your hair was up in a loose bun.

He then kissed you on the neck, at which point you turned around and he probably saw the disappointment in your eyes.
"Aww honey..." he said softly, then grabbed your face with both hands.
„You'll be fine. Trust me." You nodded slightly, swallowed quickly and continued to look him in the eye. "I know 2 months are long but I'll come home for Christmas. I won't leave you alone on Christmas." You smiled at his words and nodded once again.
„Okay, Christmas then."
Shawn returned your smile and placed a long soft kiss on your forehead. „I care about you, it's gonna be fine."
-„You too" You grinned at him. He kissed your forehead once again and made you lean his head on his chest.
„I will be fine." you whispered, mainly to convince yourself.