chapter 29

You went back to the kitchen, grabbed a fork and took the muffins out of the mold with it, so as not to burn your fingers. You then put them on a plate that you got out of the cupboard and placed them in a circle. They smelled so incredibly delicious that you would have loved to eat one right away. However, Shawn would notice...

So you took the big plate and placed it on the table before running back outside to Shawn. "Got it!!! Shawn?" You called out and ran up the stairs. "I'm right here." he replied, sitting on one of the benches with a blanket on his lap.

"It's comfortable here." He informed you as you walked up to him laughing.
„Can I join?" You then asked and, without waiting for an answer, sat down next to him. "What time is it?" You asked him as you covered yourself as well.
"Um... 7:31. We still have time." Nodding, you agreed, then looked at him and asked again:"When are we gonna start the fire?" Shawn put his phone on his lap and then answered:"We can do that right now If you really want the fire. And I can call my friends to come here at 8 if you're okay with that."

- "Yeah sure call them. Can I do something else?"

Shawn put the blanket down, stood up and grabbed your hand to pull you behind him. "You -my little annoying yet cute friend- can get some wood in the garage." You started laughing because of his choice of words, but let him pull you along anyway.

"Shawn just call them." You then said when he finally let go of you. "I will." he said in response and gave you a fleeting kiss on the cheek. And just like that he was gone, leaving you smiling to yourself. After you'd calmed down, you went to the other end of the garage and grabbed a basket that was on the floor in front of the shelf. Then you looked around for the wood and finally found it on the other side of the car. The basket luckily had a big handle, so you could easily carry it without hurting yourself.

After stacking the wood in the basket, you carried the basket up the stairs to the meadow, where you didn't see Shawn right away. So you just put it next to the benches and waited there for Shawn. He arrived a few minutes later with a large steel tub and a few more pillows. "What's that for?" You asked, confused, pointing to the tub. "For the fire. Could you please put some wood in it and also that." He placed a white cube into my hand and you did as he said.

When the tub was filled, you put the cube on it and Shawn lit it right up. "Whoa!" You said out loud as fire then spread throughout the tub. "Cool huh?" Shawn grinned at you and put the pillows under his arm on the bench.

"When are your friends coming now?" You finally asked, looking at him. "In a couple minutes. They live very close." You just nodded briefly and you two sat down on a bench again. You guys sat there for a while, silently and looking into the fire. It crackled and the flame brightened the surroundings a little, since it was dark by now. And it warmed you up, even though you had a blanket on your lap and Shawn was holding your hand. His hand was warm too and he squeezed it a little. You hadnt even asked him to hold it, he simply did.