chapter 36

"Shawn?" You whispered into the darkness as the room was filled with soft music from Shawn's radio. He had placed his right hand on your stomach and every time he moved his fingers even a millimeter, you got the chills. "Shawnie?" You whispered once again and turned your head to face him.

He had turned his head toward you as well, and you could tell by the little bit of light shining through the curtains that his eyes were closed and he quite obviously wouldnt respond. So you carefully turned to your right side, lightly lifting his hand and just looked at him for a second.
He was so peaceful when he slept. And he even looked good when he slept! His brown curls were all messed up and they hung down into his forehead a little bit, which just looked totally hot to you.

You closed your eyes once again and tried to focus on your breathing while Shawn was obviously already fully asleep.
Smiling to yourself, you turned around and snuggled up against his chest with your back. He unconsciously placed his hand on your waist and nuzzled his face into your neck.
„Nighty." you whispered and waited for a response, which never came though.

You were awake for a good amount of time because you've always had troubles sleeping at other people's places. At some point you decided to go to the bathroom to drink some water. Carefully you slipped out of Shawns room and tiptoed down the hallway. With the help of your phone you lit up the floor to prevent yourself from walking against anything.
In the bathroom you drank some water from the tap and observed your tired self in the mirror. Your hair was a mess and your eyes were red from how exhausted your body was.
You took a deep breath before slowly walking back to Shawn's room.

Tiptoeing into the darkness you hit your toe on the bedframe and let out a highpitched scream. „Shit!"
The next thing you knew, the lamp on Shawns nightstand was being lit.
„Oh shit y/n what happened?" Shawn rubbed his tired eyes and sat up straight.
„Hurt my toe." you mumbled and held it in your hand while you jumped back to your side of the bed on the other foot.
„Aw hun." he held out his arm for you and you fell onto the mattress on your back.
„Come here."
You snuggled up against Shawn's chest, still holding your big toe.
Shawn then turned off the lights again and you tried to breath your pain away. „Shh it's alright." he calmed you down while rubbing his thumb over your cheek.

It didn't take too long for the pain to slowly fade away and you relaxed into Shawns arms. The tiredness had officially taken over you.
Maybe that was also due to his soft movements on your face.
„Goodnight y/n." Shawn suddenly spoke softly to which you could only hum in response.
He chuckled before he pulled you closer and you finally drifted off for the night.