chapter 41

„Thanks have a nice day." you told the cashier as you walked out the store with your bag with the white blouse in it.
As you were walking back to the car to put the bag inside, you checked your phone.
„Hey sweetheart how are you? I'm currently packing my stuff and I figured if you wanted to hang out later tonight? Geoff and I wanted to record some things tomorrow so maybe it'd be the last chance for us to spend a night together. But I'd still stop by on Sunday to say goodbye of course. Tell me what you think."
You smiled at Shawns voice message.
Then you loaded the bag in the back and sent him one back. „Yeah I'd love to. I'm in Toronto right now, just getting some things. But I'll call you when I get home."
It didn't take long for Shawns name to suddenly show up on your display. „Hey!" you exclaimed and shut the car door. „Hey hun. You're in Toronto?"
-„Yeah." Shawn then replied:"Where you at? I'm in the city as well and I wanna show you something."

You were confused but agreed and told him where you were. „Can you drive here?" Shawn asked.
„Yeah send me the address, I'll get there as soon as I'm done."
He seemed to be fine with that and you eventually ended your shopping spree. Well, you only went to one other second hand store just to stroll around a bit. You actually found a pair of comfy baggy jeans and an oversized sweatshirt for only 18 bucks in total.
Then you put the address Shawn's sent you into your maps app and drove to the destination. It took you a good 15 minutes until you parked your car across the street of a big building and you walked to the door.
You sent Shawn a text that you were here and a second later the door buzzed.
Stepping on the elevator you went up on the 8th floor, still confused to why Shawn would order you here. You had no clue what this building was and what actually was going on here.

You got off the elevator and Shawn stood there by the door, smiling.
„Hey girl." he spoke and pulled you in a tight hug.
Before you could reply, he pulled you inside and shut the door.
You stood in a penthouse-like Apartment; with a sick view over the city of Toronto.
„What is this?" you asked, chuckling. Yet you were still very confused. „Well, I live here. This is my place."
Turning around to him, you stared at him with big eyes. „No way!" you exclaimed and walked towards the glass wall. „You're THAT rich?" you asked and could hear him laugh behind you. „Music pays good I suppose."

Then you could feel his arm snaking around you and he lied his chin on your shoulder.
„This is insane Shawn. Why didn't you tell me? I thought you lived with your parents."
-„Yeah I spend a lot of time there, but if I got stuff to do in the city, I stay here."
You grabbed his hand on your belly and leaned back against his chest. „Hmm." you hummed, enjoying the touch. „You wanna see the rest of the apartment?"
-„Duh." you immediately said and pulled away from Shawn to walk around a bit.
„Come on." He grabbed your hand and pulled you towards a door.
„Bathroom." he smiled and you scanned the beautiful marbled floor and walls, with a big bathroom and a really roomy shower right next to it.
„It's beautiful."
He closed the door again and led you to the next room.
„Wait till you see the Mendes den."
-„The what?" you laughed.
„Yeah the, uh, music slash chill room."
He scratched the back of his neck before opening the door by the end of the corridor.