Chapter 5

Chapter 5-

The next day I had to go to support group, again. I only had to go twice a week so that was okay, I guess.

There was only one seat left by the time I arrive and of course it had to be next to Ashton who was wearing a black fedora, black sunglasses, black skinny jeans and a green day top. “Vi, you look pretty today.” Ashton said as he smiled.

“How would you know? And how did you know I was here?” I asked. It really didn’t make sense, like yesterday he said that he was waiting for a pretty girl, which I assumed he was talking about me as I was the only girl he was expecting. Even though I wasn’t even close to what people would classify as ‘pretty’.

“You have a wonderful scent of coconut butter that I can always smell whenever I’m around you.” He said. “That’s not creepy at all.” I said sarcastically.

“Besides, how does that make me pretty? Just because I smell like a coconut does not mean that I’m pretty.” I said. He was complementing me about things that he literally could not complement me on and that made me kinda upset because then I know that his just saying nice things for the sake of it, all the time.

“It might sound dumb but I got Michael to tell me if you looked good or not, not that it would matter because I don’t care about looks but yeah.” He said blushing.

I was about to tell him that he was a dork but then Gail interrupted. “Since this whole group is under 18, I was thinking we could have a prom, since a lot of us might not make it until prom.” She said with a smile.

I never talk, I always keep my opinions to myself but I felt as if I had to say something since no one else would.

“Gail, what do you mean a lot of us might not make it to prom?” I asked, with my tone of voice showing that I was pissed. How dare she?

“Well, since you all have illnesses or have had them there’s a large chance you might not live long enough.” She said with a smirk that made her look like a dying hippo.

“How dare you? You’re meant to be telling us that we can live a full life, that we can be positive and move on with our lives. You’re just making this whole group feel more and more miserable. This isn’t a support group it’s more like we’re setting you up to die group.” I almost yelled, standing up and grabbing my bag.

“Georgia, wait.” She called as I walked out. “And my names not even Georgia!” I yelled then stormed out of the room.

She didn’t come chasing after me which I was happy about. I sat outside waiting for my Mum to come and pick me up, if I called her she would think something was urgent.

“That was tough.” Ashton said as he sat down next to me. “I know.” I replied, starring at his glasses. “She was a bitch, the last time she was overly nice. There is no in between with Gail.” He said with a laugh.

“Ashton, why are you here?” I asked, even though I asked yesterday. “I told you yesterday, I’m blind.” He said.

“Well not all blind people come here, are you lsick?” I asked, afraid of the answer. “No Violet-Anne, I’m not sick anymore. I’m completely cancer free.” He said with a smile.

“That’s good.” I replied, suddenly feeling different from Ashton, like he was only being nice because I had cancer. Everyone was either overly nice or they tried to stay as far away from me as possible, I liked the second option.

“You know I don’t look at you any differently because you have cancer, I still think of you as a beautiful girl with a short temper.” He laughed. “I never go off at people like that!” I protested. “Sure, sure.” He said with a laugh.

“So who’s your friend? The one that told you I’m pretty?” I asked, he was probably blind as well because no one ever found me even remotely attractive. “His name is Michael, the one that everyone refers to as ‘The guy with the weird fluro green hair’.” He said with a laugh; he laughed, a lot.

“I think it suits him.” I said, smiling. “Wanna know why his here?” He asked. “Sure.” I replied.

“I know it’s very serious but I always crack-up whenever someone mentions it.” He said. I nodded. “He has ball cancer.” He said as he tried to contain his laughter.

“It’s not funny!” I scolded him as I hit him lightly on his shoulder. “Well, it kinda is. Did you know that he can’t like get touched around there by anyone, even himself?” He asked, still laughing.

“That’s not funny! It’s just like any other cancer except that it was in his balls.” I said. “But out of all people of coarse Michael gets ball cancer! Before he got diagnosed he probably couldn’t go a day without having sex.” He said, still laughing.

“Ew, I didn’t need to know that.” I replied. “Well the more knowledge, the smarter you are.” He said with a goofy grin. “Yes, I’m going to write that on my college application- Violet has a lot of knowledge especially including Michael’s ball cancer and sex life.” I said as I rolled my eyes. He laughed.

“Let’s go on a date.” He said as he sat up and grabbed my hand. “Where to?” I asked, surprised. “Anywhere you want, Violet-Anne.” He replied with a smirk.

(A.N)- Hey I know this update sucks I'm sorry. By the way I mean no offense towards people with cancer its just a story. Please don't think I'm being rude. I love you's xx Maybe possibly pretty please leave a vote? :p