Chapter 9

Chapter 9-

I sat in the uncomfortable plastic chair which was held within the doctor’s office. “Violet you seem a lot happier.” Damien exclaimed as he finished checking my heart rate.

“Not really..” I mumbled, I was happy that my mum wasn’t here; she annoyed me whenever we were at the doctors. She would constantly lie; she would tell them how she takes extra care of me but in the end she doesn’t. All she ever does is work. “I need to save some money for if you need any further treatments.” She would say. I don’t want the money, I just want her…

“What’s wrong?” He asked. I thought about it, nothing was wrong but nothing was right, it was like I was just so bored with cancer, I was just so bored of being tired, I was just bored of being abnormal.

“Nothing, I’m just bored.” I answered. He nodded. “Make friends.” He simply suggested.

“I actually have a friend.” I admitted proudly, Damien was the first person that I told, I had no one else to tell except my mum but she would just annoy me about it if I did tell her.

“Do you really? What’s their name?” He asked with a smile, I think that he was happy about me actually having someone to be miserable to other than him but oh well.

“Ashton Irwin.” I said with a large smile, I liked saying his full name rather than just ‘Ashton’. I loved the way his name just rolled off my tongue with such ease.

He nodded with a smile. “I know Ashton, he is a nice lad.”

“How do you know him?” I asked. It just seemed odd, how would Damien know Ashton?

“Oh well um he comes here I mean..” He stuttered. “When he first became blind he would come here and I would help him through it.” He said.

I nodded. “Does he still come here?” I asked, I couldn’t remember seeing Ashton here or him mentioning it before.

“No- I mean he might but he isn’t my patient if he does.” He said.

“It would be weird for him to still come here though because his recovered and all.” I said with a smile, remembering that Ashton is healthy and will probably live for at least another 70 years.

Damien nodded. “Let’s hope kiddo.”

(a.n)- I'm watching the little mermaid and updating for the first time in like 938928 years, you have all probably removed this from your libraries eh oh well...