•8•

Park Jimin_

Park Jimin
_

To say the least, Park Jimin was royally pissed.

Not just at one thing, but at a list of things. The first and foremost on that list being himself, followed by the world, and this god dang string that kept his pinky in a choke hold. It was like it developed a mind of its own during the conversation with the cashier; it kept on trying to tug him back into the shop.

After the encounter earlier that day, he sat in the car with his goods and sobbed for a good while. Once Taehyung had come back from his smooch session with Jungkook, Jimin could barely keep his eyes open, sleeping was just the instinctive response to a long cry for him.

Tae drove them both back to the campus, even going out of his way to purchase some snacks at a gas station to sate the inevitable hunger that would wake Jimin up. He really was a friend made out of luck. Considering luck had not been kind to him today, karma must be really coming back to collect his debt.

But back to the present, Jimin was royally pissed.

When the time came to stand up and declare his love and connection, he shied away from it. Not only that but he was ranting about it to Taehyung on the couch in the commons instead of doing anything about it.

"So what do you suggest I do?" Jimin sighed and stuck his hand in the popcorn bag in his lap. "It's not like I could just go force him to marry me when he obviously can't even see the string." He sighed once more and sunk down into the sofa they were perched on, Taehyung munching on some gummy bears quietly.

A mischievous glint sparkled in Taehyung's eyes as he spoke, "Well..." he paused and tilted his head, as if in deep thought, "You could do that."

Jimin sat up and punched Taehyung's shoulder lightly. "I'm being serious Tae, I need like a adviser or something, you're no help since you already had Jungkook from like, birth." He exclaimed, stuffing popcorn in his mouth in a stressed manner.

This time Taehyung's eyes lit up with something different, a memory or something perhaps. "You're being serious?" He turned to Jimin and looked at him, cocking an eyebrow.

"Serious as a heart attack." Jimin confirmed.

"Well lucky for you, I think I know someone who can help you." Jimin's face lit up like a Christmas tree. Maybe karma wasn't being so cruel after all. "Just let me make a couple calls, try not to explode in the meantime. I can see your heart bouncing around."

Jimin leaned over and squished him in a tight embrace. "Wait a second, who could possibly help with something like this? A love doctor?" Jimin scoffed and thought of all the tv shows you see that attempt to give relationship advice and counsel couples who had string problems.

"No, an old friend of mine who studies string science and shit like that." Taehyung picked up his phone from a small side table and scrolled through the contacts.

"Care to elaborate some more before you land me in some trouble?" Jimin pulled away and popped a couple more pieces of buttery popcorn into his mouth.

"Dr. Kim Namjoon, soulmate string specialist."

_
A/N

I'm not good at writing dialogue but I try my best!

Goodnight or whatever time it is for you, rest well and sweet dreams tonight! ❤️

-Nove