•11•

Park Jimin_

Park Jimin
_

"So, let's get down to the string theory." Namjoon chuckled at his lame pun. Judging by what Jimin knew of him so far, he probably made that joke every opportunity he got. How he still got enjoyment out of it was a mystery.

"Nothing exciting really," he kept on, grabbing and flipping through a little black book. "You're in a parasite type situation from the looks of it."

He stopped at a page and held it open with a finger as he explained. "You said that it was wrapping around you more than once yes? And your supposed "soulmate" didn't show signs of even seeing it?" Jimin nodded to confirm both questions as a yes and took a sip out of the warmed and cozy tea mug held in his hands.

He wouldn't over react before anything was explained. That's what he promised himself.

"Judging by that, and the fact that neither you or your mother were actually born with a string, it's probably a genetic version of this." The scientist explained as he handed over the book.

Chapter 6: STRINGS OF UNREQUITED LOVE
Scientific Name: Philotenacious string
String Type: Parasite

Description: This parasite feeds off of willpower from the host to meet the host's "soulmate". It appears to those who lack soulmates when they become old enough to yearn for one. The opposite end attaches to a secondary host and becomes invisible.

Once the connected humans meet, willpower production is likely to spike, causing the parasite to spread and become deadly. If not removed this parasite can cause fatal consequences.

Any color with red value can fill the string. Parasite strings such as this one act as normal yarn and can be touched and felt by the two hosts, unlike real ones.

All the moisture in Jimin's mouth evaporated. All he wanted was love and instead he got this. Even the act of seeking love made it worse. He was killing himself, metaphorically and literally, by even thinking about it.

"You're saying my mother had this too?"

"Most likely, if she did then she removed it and sought out your father anyway, before it crushed her to death of course." Namjoon chuckled grimly and pushed up his glasses.

A shudder passed through Jimin's body. Death was right under his nose all his life and if he had stayed oblivious for much longer, it could have struck.

He didn't know what he expected coming here, a magical meeting with the store clerk? A realization that he was the chosen one and that he was going on some epic quest like the main character of a book? No, it was better he came to his senses now before acting heartbroken and scarred.

This was reality. Reality has problems, it's not some smooth dance in a romance story.

"How do you remove it?" Jimin's face turned expressionless as he pushed the book back to Namjoon.

"Well it's just a string of yarn, so you could probably just snip it off with scissors." Namjoon spun around in his swivel chair and grabbed a pair off the shelves behind him. "Here, might as well cut it now before it chokes you in your sleep."

Jimin hastily snatched the blue scissors and readied them over a hanging part of his string. Thinking about what he was doing would probably change his mind. He should just cut it quick and leave.

And so he did.

_

A/N

That's it, everybody go home.

Jk we all know that's not how fanfic works.

Stay safe, healthy, and hydrated. ❤️

- Nove