Alena

Alena's (POV)

I stepped out of my warm protective bed. my feet going numb as they touched the ground, the coolness of the floor felt as if it went up my body to my spine. freezing away all the negativity and past trauma my abused body held. My stomach rumbles but i ignored the unpleasant feeling as I felt soft pieces below my feet. i stepped out of bed and looked down, to my surprise i was standing in a trail full of white rose petals. they lit up my room in a vibrant way and smelt so sweet and pure just like their colour. i picked a few of the petals up in the hand and traced the lines within the blankness of the petal. I got distracted for a good while by this idea of being pure. I placed the petals that I had just disturbed on my bedside table and followed the stream of roses down my staircase and out the front door. I leaped out in such a rush I almost forgot my shoes.

The roses ended right out from where a gold envelope lay untouched neatly on the porch right before the blue "welcome" sign that layer unevenly in front of the door. I picked up the envelope without hesitation. Inside was another handwritten letter, I could tell just by the first sentence that it was from Titus. "Hey there sleeping beauty... I want you to head to the art gallery just two blocks from here. There is a surprise waiting for you." I placed the envelope in my backpack that was swung over my shoulder and begun heading towards the art gallery. I kicked a grey smooth stone along the way trying to distract myself from the thoughts that were fighting within my head. I just really wanted this all to go away. Not Titus.. but myself. I turned the corner and there was the art gallery standing tall in front of me. I pushed open the door and stepped in. There was almost no one in the room other than me and a petite woman sitting at the front desk.
"You must be alena! follow me dear."
The small woman stepped out from behind the desk and walked me down a narrow hall to a small room. inside was a painting that stood on an easel. It was a sunset, the hues of pink, orange, yellow and purple flooded my body with warmth. "this is for you." she outstretched her pale arm and handed me another gold envelope.
"Almost as beautiful as you, am i right? I painted this for you beautiful. now take it with you and walk on to the jewellers a few stores down." I grabbed the canvas under my arms and continues on this mission to the jewellers. I caught myself mumbling under my breath. "What are you up to Titus." I didn't even have to go inside for this one. I saw the gold envelope stuck between the shop door. Inside was a small silver chain with a heart locket attached to it. Inside was a picture of the two of us smiling under a beautiful oak tree. the letter inside was smaller. " Take 30 steps forward."
I counted in my head '1,2,3,4,5,6,7..' I rounded a sharp corner to see four metallic heart balloons attached to a street light. the gold envelope was intertwined between he strings.
" secret place.." spelled out in the neatest cursive was written on the page. I knew exactly where Titus wanted me to go. It was a small place that was hidden in the woods outside of town. It was a huge clearing with the huge oak tree from the picture in my locket. I untied the balloons and started my walk to our special secret spot. The sun was starting to fall between the clouds and it looked exactly like the way it had in the painting Titus made for me. I could see the trees from the forest coming closer as i began to run. I didn't even notice I was running until I started gasping for air like a weirdo halfway to the clearing. I saw bright lights twinkling from he oak tree and there he was standing under the oak tree.
Titus, he never looked so handsome. His smile was the most precious thing that I have ever seen. "you did all of this for me..?" I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up into his arms. " Alena I would move heaven and earth for you." Titus kissed me gently on my cheek before setting me down.
" Why did you do all of this. How?! First the bunny, now all the gifts. I really love them but you didn't have to do all of this." I wrapped my arms tightly around him and he held me back with a great force.
" None of that matters Alena, I want you to be happy always. I brought you here tonight because I wanted to ask you a question and I know i've waited a very long time to ask this.I just wanted you  to trust me." I could feel my heart pounding it's way up my throat from my chest. My eyes met his and I felt like I was under his control.
" I know your hurting and I know you want to leave me alone here on this earth to struggle alone. But I won't allow that. As long as I'm breathing and as long as there are stars in the sky, fish in the sea and trees in the ground. You and I will always be here.. Together. Alena I love you so much. Will you be my girlfriend?" I felt tears forming from the corners of my eyes as they rolled down my cheeks softly. He wiped them away with his soft delicate hands. "Yes i will." I jumped into his arms and pressed my lips against his refusing to break apart for any reason.

" you can buy everything but you can't you can't buy love." - buy everything Somo