Vampire/Reader (SFW) WIP

You don't actually realize he's a vampire right away

You don't actually realize he's a vampire right away. There were perfectly reasonable explanations for everything he did!

He worked nights as a doctor at the local hospital and you really didn't blame him for sleeping all day and having such a nighttime oriented schedule.

He wasn't pouncing at anyone's neck and the sauces, smoothies, and other foods he would bring over for himself made you think he was just a bit of a food snob (although you snuck a drink of his smoothie one time and it tasted awful, that probably should have tipped you off now that you think about it.)

And you always assumed his paleness was from only being out at night and that his cold body was just a result of bad circulation!

The first time he changes in front of you was when another vampire had imposed itself on his territory.

Vampires fighting is messy and violent, to say the least. It took all of your energy not to freak the hell out.

When the fight is over and his fangs retract he explains himself to you gaging your reaction to him.

It might have been the shock of the situation but all you manage to say is "that's why you sleep during the day."

After that things are actually less tense between you two, there's a new bond of trust and it definitely makes it easier for him to open up about his life to you.

He sits you down and makes sure you understand you can't just let people into the house and gives you tips to subtly check if someone may not be human.

His teeth and gums hurt a lot at when he's awake since he doesn't feed off of people and instead steals blood bags from the hospital.

You buy him those softy chew-able baby toys which he pretends is rude and insists he doesn't need a child's toy but every now and then when it gets really bad you'll find him chewing on them.

He can't just go in and grab bags of blood whenever he wants and sometimes he misses opportunity's and has to go without for a few days.
Since normal food does absolutely nothing for him except taste good he is in a rather foul mood and occasionally snaps at you.

If it gets bad enough he will stay at his own place until he is able to feed again, as much as you love him Vampirism is still dangerous and you understand he just doesn't want to hurt you.
When he finally feeds again he's back at your house in a heart beat and in your arms murmuring apologies and kissing your face all over before pressing a more serious and delicate kiss to your lips.

The whole undead thing leaves him feeling rather empty and so whenever he can he's near you, a bit touch starved from always being up and at work when you go to sleep and asleep when you are awake, the few minutes-hours he has with you he holds precious to him and try's to get the most out of them.

He absolutely enthralls the take out delivery boys to give the food to the two of you and and leave and that's how you get free food most of the week.

If anyone gives you trouble you tend to keep it to yourself, however every now and then something bothers you enough that you tell him about it.
He will pry the information out of you however if he knows something up.
And oh boy, is he PISSED. (not at you lol)
Where are they? Who did it? He just wants to eat- talk. he meant talk.
There's a wild look in his eyes and though it takes a while you calm him down eventually, telling him they aren't worth it.
Although you want to believe he simply leaves the problem there, sometimes he comes home from work a bit too happy.

The two of you are rather comfortable in the silence but when you do talk it's always filled with emotion, whether it's joy or sadness or something else your talks and conversations always become a meaningful Memory.

He loves to rest his head in your lap and just stare at you while you're occupied (watching a movie, reading a book, playing a game) he's just fascinated by you. He's pretty sure he's in love with you which scares the hell out of him seeing as he understands how fleeting love is.

Bonus: he absolutely loves winter and the holidays season in general. The two of you bundle up at night and he takes you around town, going window shopping at sitting in parks looking at all the decoration on the trees and lamp posts. He spoils you (immortality on earth means lots of money) and while you may try to tell him he doesn't need to he loves the glint in your eyes and awe in your expression as you open up presents from him. He love bundling up with blankets next to a fire and just laying down on the wood floor talking to you, anything that has to do with you, because you're his whole world.