Chapter Four

"May, it's a party, not an evening ball. You should wear something more high schoolish instead of looking like you're going to drink wine with the president." I tried to explain.

"Hmm, I guess you're right." She took off the red evening dress and decided to put on the short black party dress instead. It was cuter anyway, even though she might be one of the only girls wearing a dress. Girls at school only wear dresses to dances and stuff like that, not high school parties that one of the football jocks are always throwing. I didn't feel like dressing up and it was cool outside, so I just ended up wearing a white sweater with black stars on it, some high raised jeans and black converse. May looked me over and frowned before placing a diamond bow necklace on my neck.

"What?" I looked down at myself, then back at May.

"Eh, just not something I would have worn. That's all. Now come on, I'm gonna do your hair." She grabbed her curler and flat iron and skipped to my bathroom. "Come on, Missy!" She called. I dropped my head and dragged myself to the bathroom.

I sat on the toilet, being tortured by May's hair tools. She wanted to curl my hair since she said I never wore it curly. My hair was naturally straight, and it was long, reaching the middle of my back. I liked the way my hair was, a soft black along with some blonde highlights that my mom gave me when I was 15. Ever since then, I've kept the highlights up and most people at school think my hair is naturally like that. As I continued to sit and let May curl my hair, my new iPhone buzzed in my pocket. I had broken the screen on my last phone so my dad just went ahead and got my the gold iPhone 5s. You couldn't see the gold though cause I had gotten this adorable teddy bear case for it. I saw it in the store and went nuts over it.

When I pulled out my phone, I saw that it was a wattpad notification. Chris had messaged me again and I was more than eager to reply to him.

"Hey new best friend!" That made me laugh a bit and I could feel May peeking over my shoulder so I turned it out of her view. "I am waiting for my next update! But in the mean time, what's up? Doing anything interesting? I'm taking my dogs for a walk (I know, so lame) XD" My fingers quickly tapped the letters on my small keyboard.

"Actually, I'm going to a party tonight. I didn't want to really go but my friends want me to so I'm going. I'm not really a party person, I'd rather stay home typing. And my mom came home! She was in Africa, she's a traveler and I don't get to see her too often since my parents divorced. But now she's here and even though she's leaving in two days, she'll be back in 3 weeks for my 18th birthday. Which brings me to ask, how old are you? I hope you're not like 45 or something xD." I hit send and when I sat back, I realized I hadn't felt May in head anymore.

"You're done?" I asked, turning and realizing she wasn't even in the bathroom anymore.

"I've been done but you were so engrossed in your phone that you didn't notice." She leaned into my view and stuck her tongue out at me.

"Sorry, my new friend on wattpad had sent me a message." I apologized.

"It's fine. But you are finished and ready to go! And so am I so-" a beep from outside silenced her words.

"Right on time, there's Kyle." I said, standing up and cutting off the bathroom light. I grabbed my bag while May picked up her little purse and headed out my room. Boring high school party, here I come.

CHRIS POV

I sat there, staring at my phone and swallowing in fear. What was I suppose to say? She'd find it suspicious that my name is Chris and I'm 24 just like the real guy. Well I am the real guy but she doesn't know that. She just thinks I'm some other Chris. Maybe I should say I'm 19 then she won't suspect it. I don't want to risk making her think I'm some fake cause then she'll stop talking to me and I really enjoy talking to her. She's sweet and sounds really nice and she turns 18 in 3 weeks! Then maybe I could actually meet her in person and reveal that it's really me. That would be great. I haven't had an actual girlfriend in almost 3 years. Just a girl here and there that I probably slept with and forgot about. But Brooklyn, she sounds different. And I like that about her.