Chapter Five

The days have been flying by so fast, I felt like I was gonna explode. May had been helping me plan my party and so far, everything was great. Kyle eventually came around and apologized to me and he's been following me around like a lost puppy. I tolerated him because deep down, I did have actual feelings for Kyle and having him close made me feel safe.

I've been cramming for my exams at school and May is begging me to go prom dress shopping with her since we had to have our prom late. It was suppose to be in April but the event center the school booked had a huge fire and is now ashes. So they pushed the prom to May 9, exactly a week after my birthday bash. My birthday was in two days and I was psyched, May was being wonderful, she was like my perfect assistant. I knew if I ever got married, she would be my maid of honor. Mom had left after her 3 days here and tomorrow, she was returning because she just can't miss her daughter's 18th birthday. Even though Mom and Dad were divorced, Mom NEVER missed a birthday. Ever. She was always there, even if she didn't get there until maybe 8 at night, she was there to bring me something and wish me a happy birthday. And that was love right there.

Over the last 3 weeks, Chris and I have grown very close. We ended up exchanging numbers and we've been texting almost every night and sometimes throughout the day. Thanks to him, I'm almost done with my book. Sometimes when I'm talking to Chris, I just wish he could be here right now, and he's been saying he's coming to my birthday bash but he said that I'm going to have to figure out who he is since he'll be in a mask. How am I suppose to do that, I didn't even know what he looks like.

"Helloooooo Birthday Girl!" May came marching into my room and I pulled my pillow over my face.

"May, my birthday is on Friday. I'm not a birthday girl yet." I said.

"That's bullshit. It's your birthday week so you shall be birthday girl everyday until Saturday. Now get up!" She flipped my blanket off of me and grabbed my legs, pulling me out of the bed as I groaned. When she pulled me out into the hallway, Daddy came out his room and could do nothing but chuckle as I reached for him.

"Daddy, I'm being tortured. Help meeee." I whined.

"Sorry, sweetie but she'll come after me if I help. You'll just have to bear it." He replied.

"That's right!" May added, pulling me down the carpeted stairs.

"Ow." I kept repeating when my head hit each step. When we got to the bottom, she finally dropped my legs and I just laid there, not wanting to get up.

"Now what's wrong with my little girl?" I immediately sat up and saw Mom sitting on the floor of the living room, her legs criss crossed.

"Mom!" I rolled over and crawled over to her collapsing in her lap. "I thought you were getting here until tomorrow."

"I wasn't, but surprise! I was able to get here early. Now pep up, your birthday is in two days." She said.

"Like I haven't been reminded already." I grumbled annoyingly.

"Come on, breakfast first, then shopping!" She squealed with happiness. This was going to be one hell of a day.

CHRIS POV

"Sweetie, you can't come with me." I told my niece. She had been begging me to let her go but she had school so I told her I couldn't.

I was so psyched, I could actually get to meet Brooke after all this time. I was still scared on how she'd react if she knew I was the real Chris. I hope she won't get upset, that would kill me. I packed a week long suitcase and already had a reservation at a very nice hotel that was waiting for me in New York. Since she had told me it was a masquerade, I was bringing my white suit and black fandora hat. I also had a black sash with two eye holes to tie around my eyes as my mask.