Chapter Three

"Brooklyn, can you get the door?!" Daddy called. I dragged myself downstairs and headed up to the front door. Who could be here at 8 in the morning? They're interrupting my sleep. I slumped to the door and swung it open, about to cuss out whoever it was. Until I opened my eyes.

"Mommy!" I squealed, jumping in her arms. She laughed and hugged me tightly, spinning me around as she walked inside with me. 

"There's my pumpkin pie!" She yelled happily. 

"I missed you!" She finally sat me down and I got a good look at her, seeing how much I resembled her now. She was still far more beautiful than me but I could see myself in her. 

"Awe. You're just growing up to be so beautiful." She said, running her hand through my messy hair. She hugged me again and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, realizing that it was probably Dad coming downstairs. 

"What's going on down here?" Dad said tiredly, rubbing his eyes. 

"Daddy! Mom's here!" I jumped around happily once she let me go. 

"Hello, Arthur." Mom greeted nicely. 

"Meredith." He simply nodded at her. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Mom's suitcase, heading towards the stairs with it.  

"Just put that in your room sweetie." She said. "I'll only be here for 3 days so it here will be no need to use the other room." 

"Really? Daddy had only told me two days." I told her. 

"That's what she told me." Dad added. 

"Well I have an extra day. Now come on, Arthur, I'm hungry." She laughed and skipped to the kitchen. Dad groaned and followed behind her groggily, dragging his feet. I swear, there's no one in the world that I love more than my mom. 

I took her suitcase to my room and while I was at it, I flipped open my laptop and went to wattpad. I need to type some more for Chris since he loved it so much. I couldn't believe his name was Chris when he told me I though that was so cool. He was lucky to have the same name as my idol that I adored. 

A little 2 popped up beside my name when I logged in and I saw that Chris had messaged me. 

"Good morning(: well I hope it's morning where you are cause where I am, it's 5:26am. Yeah, I know it's early, but I blame my dogs for waking me up XD" I laughed softly, and began to read his other message. 

"I really hope you're typing cause I can't wait to read some more. I'm excited, and by the way, I told you my name. But what's yours?" I froze at the question and wondered should I give him my name. May had told me that I needed to be careful around people I meet online, especially guys. But what could go wrong? I hit the reply button and started to type. 

"Haha, yeah it's morning. But it's 8:26am where I am though. I'm about to start typing just for you :P lol and my name? It's Brooklyn." I hit send before I could change my mind and quickly left my messages, going to create so I could start typing in my story. 

I hadn't even been typing for a minute when another number popped up next to my name. I hesitated at first before finally clicking on my inbox. My eyes scanned the messaged after I opened it. 

"Brooklyn...that's a really pretty name, I bet you're beyond beautiful(:" I felt my face turn red immediately. "And you must be somewhere in the same time zone as New York cause I'm in California. No, I'm not trying to figure out where you are and stuff, I'm not THAT creepy XD I'm just curious that's all. I like making new friends, It's a fun experience." I laughed at his creepy comment and found myself smiling. He was I nice, I really wish he lived over here so I could meet him. I clicked on the box so I could reply.