Chapter Eight

The photo is her prom dress and shoes :)

_________________________

"I'm almost done, hold on." May slowly released my last bit of hair from the hot curly iron and another long bouncy curl fell down on my shoulder.

Since I had gone all out with my birthday dress last Friday, I stuck to a cute short pink party dress for prom this time along with some tall silver heels. I felt light and free and of course, May had to do my hair and makeup yet again. I had decided to forget about my guy problems and just try to enjoy myself tonight. I really needed it.

"The limo is here!" Dad called from downstairs.

"Here we come!" May yelled back, wrapping up my hot iron.

"You look fabulous so let's go." May said, pulling me up out of my seat.

"Okay, okay. Where's my clutch?" I said out loud, looking around for it. May pointed to the bed and I grabbed it, flipping my hair over my shoulder and following May out the door. She had to pick up her dress while walking down the stairs because she had decided to get a long purple dress that she stepped on so often with her heels. I told her not to get it when we were at the store but it was like love at first sight for her so she went with it. You can never stop May when she has her mind set. It was literally impossible.

The limo outside was gorgeous, it was long and white with bright shiny new rims on the tires. The driver got out and walked around, opening the door for me and May. I stepped in first and saw that Kyle was already inside, sipping on a bit of champagne that came with the limo.

"Well don't you look just ravishing." I said, looking him up and down. He had on a black tux with a pink bow tie that matched my dress and his short hair had been parted and combed back neatly.

"I had to try to look good for such a beautiful lady." He replied, taking my hand and giving it a soft kiss. I smiled at him and relaxed into my seat, enjoying every bit of the limo. May poured me and her a glass and we made a toast to having a great night. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was and saw that I had yet another text from Chris. I didn't want to read it because I was sure it would put me in a bad mood but I decided to anyway.

"Surprise." That was all it said. It confused me but at least it didn't put me in a bad mood. That was the last thing I needed to be in.

The driver announced that we were there a little later and the door suddenly opened. It was the security at the front, escorting us in. The school was always getting a bunch of security, they didn't want to be sued incase something happened to one of the students. Kyle took my hand as we walked in and got our picture at the front.

"Sam!" May waved her hands at her date. His parents were so strict, he wouldn't even let him ride in the limo with us so he had to meet May at the school. He smiled as she ran over to him and he gave her a huge hug which May seemed to enjoy.

"This place looks amazing." Kyle said as we walked into the party room. When my school was built, someone wrote something down wrong because they had built this humongous extra room that was in the middle of the school and was huge. It was bigger than the gym and we have a massive gym. They named it the party room since it was where they always held parties and such and now, they had outdid themselves. The floor was hardwood and they had covered a third of it in carpet and left the rest of the hardwood next to the stage out like a dance floor. Chandeliers lit up the room in a beautiful way and these long thick sheets were dipping around from the ceiling, making it even more beautiful. The room was slightly glowing light pink and yellow, I was staring in amazement.

"Look at all that food!" Kyle exclaimed, pointing at the food table. When you looked around, you could see everyone admiring the decorations and enjoying themselves. Kinda reminded me of my party a little bit. And even though it was packed with kids right now, there had been a lot more at my party.