Chapter Seven

"Thank you all for coming and I appreciate you coming out and celebrating my birthday with me. For those who brought gifts, I thank you and of course once I see who they're from I'll want to call you and thank you personally so be expecting a call from me! I hope you enjoyed yourselves and everyone have a great night, thank you!" Everyone cheered and clapped as I stepped off stage. Some people came and wished me another happy birthday and started to leave and the cleaning crew had already started cleaning like crazy. Not that there was that big of a mess. Daddy had some guys start taking my gifts out the the SUV for us to take home and I slipped away to the bathroom so I could be alone.

I was still thinking about that guy that was here and wondering if that was really Chris Brown. Or maybe...no, that can't be true, can it? He would have told me, right? If not, why wouldn't he? I thought we trusted each other, didn't we? I pulled out my phone from my dress and dialed his number for the first time. We had always texted, never talked. I thought he wasn't gonna answer. But he did, and I was shocked.

"Hello?" It was the same voice. The same voice as the guy I had danced with. Could my Chris really be the Chris?

"I-It's Brooklyn. Be straight with me, who are you really?" I demanded. Nothing. Just silence, but I could still hear him breathing. Him not saying anything meant it had to be true! But why wouldn't he tell me?! My eyes filled with tears and I asked him again.

"Chris, who are you?!" My voice broke as I started to cry.

"Brooke-"

"Tell me the truth! Have you been lying to me this whole time?! That you're just a Chris not the Chris? That you're 19 and not 24? W-why would you lie to me? Who are you?" He sighed loudly.

"Okay, okay, yes I'm actually not just a Chris, I'm Chris Brown and I'm 24. I lied because I thought you wouldn't talk to me if you knew who I really was or that you'd only talk to me because of who I am. I lied so you could talk to the real me and not just my representative. Because in reality, Chris Brown is just someone who was formed when I started singing, but the real me was still there. I wanted you to know me not Chris Brown, just...Chris. I'm sorry Brooke, I'm so sorry for lying and I hope you can forgive me. Please." My heart had stopped, I couldn't believe it. Tears spilled from my eyes and I just couldn't believe him. Believe that Chris Brown had actually been talking to me all this time. But all the evidence pointed that way.

"I need some time." I said softly into the phone.

"Brooklyn..." He trailed off, not saying another word.

"I'll call you." He didn't say anything else and I hung up, letting my hands fall into my lap. I didn't know what else to do, so I just cried. I sat there and cried.

*5 days later*

CHRIS POV

"Chris, you can't be depressed forever."

"Who says I can't? She hates me forever now." I whined.

"I doubt that. But if she does, just win her over. There's got to be something that you can do. Surprise her or something. You have to do something." I sat up and looked and Pat, thinking about what he said.

"Actually," I said. "Her prom is this Friday, I remember her telling me. Maybe I'll surprise her by doing what I do best. Sing." I have to find out what school she goes to, I should have found out before now and I didn't know anyone that knew her. Although...

I rolled over and grabbed my phone, going to the texts between me and Brooke and started scrolling up. I was about to lose hope until I finally saw it. She had! She had given me her best friend's name and if I could find her on some social website, I could contact her and ask her what school they go to. I thought about twitter but that may be hard so I chose Instagram and put her name in. A bunch popped up so I picked the ones with blonde hair and since they're best friends, I know Brooke must be on her page somewhere. The few I found weren't her but there were 3 private ones and I was about to request to follow them until I remembered that they would know it was me and I didn't want May to go telling Brooke about my plan if she knew it was the famous Chris Brown. I quickly logged out and tossed my phone to Terry.