Chapter 24

As I wake up, I recall the events that happened yesterday. Yesterday was a close call, but because of Bloom and I, the pixies didn't lead the Phoenix back to pixie village. A knock comes from my bedroom door, as a gasp escapes my lips.

"Come in," I say, as Jax enters the room. He stares at me for a moment, as I run a hand through my hair. "Aqua, I have to meet up with a family friend at Red Fountain, but I would like to stay in contact with you," he says, as I nod lightly.

"Who is your family friend?" I question. He stares at me for a moment, as a serious expression appears on his face. "Sallaven," he states. "My parents have known him for a long time, and I've been searching for Red Fountain everywhere."

"I know where it is," I say, as his eyes widen. "I'll ask the headmistress if I can take you there." He nods, as I soon realize that I'm still in my pajamas.

"You might want to change," he teases, as I roll my eyes. "Here, let me give you some space." I nod lightly, as he closes the door behind him. I immediately change into my newest outfit.

I walk out of my bedroom and stare at him

I walk out of my bedroom and stare at him. "You ready?" I ask, as he nods. I lead him to the headmistress' office. I step into the office, leaving him right outside. Ms. Faragonda eyes me carefully, as I approach her.

"Hello, Aqua."

"Would it be alright if I took Jax to Red Fountain?" I ask sweetly. She nods, granting me permission. I walk out of the office, nodding in Jax's direction.

"So, how'd it go?" Jax asks, with a slight smirk on his face. I chuckle to myself, before tripping over my own feet and stumbling to the ground. Before I could fall to the ground, Jax catches me. My cheeks turn bright red, as I stare into his yellow eyes.

I immediately push him away and bury my burning face into my palms. "Let's get going..." I say nervously, as he nods lightly. "We need to take you to Red Fountain."

"You know, Aqua, you could've just thanked me for catching you," he says in a teasing tone. "I mean, you could have face planted into the ground. What would you have done then?"

I roll my eyes. "Are you done yet?"

He chuckles to himself. "Sure."

"Okay, good. Thanks for catching me."

After that, he follows me to the courtyard and looks around for a little bit. "How long is the wait for the next train?" Jax asks me, as I put my hands on my hips.

"I don't care," I state. "Magic orb, teleport us to Red Fountain." We appear in front of the school, as he stares at it in pure amazement.

"You don't have any patience, do you?" He says, chuckling to himself. "We could've waited for the train." I heave a sigh, before taking a few steps forward.

The nearby specialists stare us down. "That's Aqua, the hero of Red Fountain," one of them states, as my cheeks flush in embarrassment. Jax studies me for a moment, as his face softens.

"You saved Red Fountain?" He asks, tilting his head to the side. My heart skips a beat, as I shrug my shoulders. It wasn't that big of a deal. I just fought the Trixs and won. As we enter the school, my brother approaches us.

"Hey, Alex," I say, before giving him a hug. "How are you doing?" He smiles in my direction, wrapping his arms around me. A second later, he notices Jax. Jax stands right behind me, as he shifts uncomfortably.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Alex asks, raising his eyebrows in astonishment. My cheeks turn bright red, as I run a hand through my hair. "N..." I start, but Jax takes my hand and stares at my brother.

"Actually, yes," Jax says, as Alex shakes his head and laughs. Of course he would laugh. My brother is really pathetic. "Aqua, did you even mention me to him?" Alex mocks, as I blankly stare at him.

"No, why would I?" I retort. "Well, we have to get going. Jax needs to see Sallaven." Alex shoots me a glare, as I wave good bye. He rolls his eyes in annoyance, before staring walking away.

"So, who was that?"

"My older brother."

"Oh. Makes sense."

After that, we head straight to Sallaven's office. "Ah, Jax, welcome," he says, before looking over at me. "I see that you have acquainted yourself with one of the most powerful fairies in the magic dimension." I frown, wondering why the specialists keep saying stuff like that.

"Sallaven, a word?" I say, as he nods and follows me right outside of his office. "Why does everyone keep saying stuff like that?" He frowns, before staring at the ground for a moment.

"You really don't know?" He asks, as I shake my head no. "Somehow, your battle against the Trixs was on Live TV, and everyone in the magic universe saw it." I freeze in shock, trying to process what he just said.

"I understand..." I say softly, as he nods lightly. I follow him back to his office, feeling really nervous. Did Jax see it too? What does he think of me now? "Jax, your parents have informed me that you will be staying at Red Fountain," Sallaven states.

"Sallaven, I have to return to Alfea," I say in a serious tone. "I'll see you guys soon." I wave good bye, before summoning my magic orb and disappearing into thin air.