Chapter 39

It's been a few hours, and I feel really frustrated. It's all my fault. I should've just teleported behind him instead of making a shield. "Don't worry, we'll get her back," Stella says, as I clench my fists in desperation.

"Stella, it's my fault," I admit. "I—" Someone hugs me from behind, as I slowly turn around, being face to face with Jax. His face softens, as my eyes light up when seeing him. "Aqua, it's not your fault," he says in a reassuring tone. "You couldn't have known."

"Rena! Aqua!" A voice comes, as my brother barges into the room. Alex has a serious expression on his face, as he approaches us. "Hey, Alex," I say, forcing a smile. "How are you doing?"

He ignores me, before turning to Rena. "Rena, I need to talk to you," he says. "I'm sorry, but I'm breaking up with you." I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. Her eyes widen in surprise, as I choke back a gasp.

"W-Why...?" She chokes out, as I feel her broken soul. As much as I want to support her, I wasn't sure how. "We won't be seeing each other because my parents are making me join the royal court," he says bitterly, with tears in his eyes. "I won't be back at all, and I think this is for the best..."

Tears form in his eyes. This cannot be happening. "Rena..." I choke out. "Alex..." Rena forces a smile, before staring at my older brother with kind eyes.

"I understand..." She says with a smile. "You're going to be too far away. It's fine..." He nods, before giving her a big hug. She hugs him back, as I feel bad for both of them.

He walks away, before getting into a carriage. That's when Rena starts to break down, as tears stream down her cheeks. "Rena!" I say, before giving her a hug. "I'm so sorry..." She sobs into my chest, as my heart breaks for her.

"Rena, I'm so sorry..." Amore murmurs, with tears streaming down her cheeks. "I..." Rena heaves a sigh, forcing herself to stand up. I stare at her, as she puts a brave smile on her face.

"I have to be strong," she states, putting her hands on her hips. "It's not my fault he broke up with me. He has a duty to his kingdom, and I have to respect him for that. I should focus on helping y'all save Bloom."

"The engine is ready!" Tecna calls, before running out of the ship. "Everyone, get on!" I nod, before following her onto the ship. I look out the window, being concerned for Bloom. It's partly my fault. We should have rescued her.

Within a few minutes, we arrive at the entrance. I glance around, searching for Aisha, Sky, and Brandon. "I'm so worried about my Brandon..." Stella admits, as I feel genuinely bad about Rena losing Alex and Bloom being captured.

That's when Jax wraps his arms around me. "Just breathe," he murmurs, as if reading my mind. I exhale sharply, before glancing at my friends.

"Something hit the engine!" Timmy states, as I glance around in alarm. This can't be good. I exchange a look with Jax, as worry forms in the pit of my stomach. "Let me handle it," Tecna says. "Tecna: Magic Winx: Charmix!"

I stare at her new transformation in amazement

I stare at her new transformation in amazement. She looks awesome! Stella smiles and nods lightly. "I love your new look, Tecna!" Stella states, as Tecna manages to keep a straight face and becomes one with the machine. By the time she finished, the machine is working once again.

"Nice one, Tecna!" Musa declares. I look at Jax, before sitting down right next to him. His cheeks turn red, as a smile forms on my lips. I place my head on his shoulder, thinking about Bloom. "If you're so worried about your friend, then use your magic orb to check on her," he suggests, as I nod lightly.

"Magic orb, show me Bloom," I say, as Bloom appears on the orb. She was in the Phoenix's throne room, being tied up. "Soon, I will have the power of the relic," Lord Darkar states, as a smirk forms on his lips. "And, Bloom, you'll help me."

"My friends will stop you!" Bloom hisses. He laughs in amusement, as I turn off my orb. I can't bear to watch this anymore. "It'll be alright, Aqua. I'm here for you..." Jax murmurs, pulling me close to him. "That must've been hard to watch."

Tears stream down my cheeks, as I try to picture what she's going through. She's a prisoner of the Phoenix. "We have to be strong!" Rena states, looking over at me.

"It's so cold in here!" Stella complains, as I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. "The pixies and I are so tired of this weather!" I look over at Anahita, as she starts to shake. I grab her, letting her snuggle into me a little bit.

"Stella, I—"

"Stella, Magic winx: Charmix!"

She closes her eyes in concentration, as the light starts to warm us up

She closes her eyes in concentration, as the light starts to warm us up. "It's melting the vines!" Rena states. "Tecna, we need to go right now!" Timmy nods in agreement, before looking at Tecna. 

"I'm on it!" Tecna shouts back, before releasing the engine and letting us lose. I smile, as the mole breaks through the ground, giving us the perfect trail to the Phoenix's fortress. Here we come, Lord Darkar.