Chapter 1

My eyes snap open. Today is the day that we're going to celebrate our victory over the Trixs, ending their reign of terror. I force myself to stand up, before heading over to my closet and searching what to wear to the party.

That's when I spot my favorite party dress, as a smile curves around my lips. I put the dress on, before hurrying to find Stella, who helps me with my makeup and hair. Once she's finished, I stare at myself in the mirror in awe. Stella is truly amazing.

"Thanks, Stella!" I exclaim, as she nods lightly and rushes to her own closet to find something to wear

"Thanks, Stella!" I exclaim, as she nods lightly and rushes to her own closet to find something to wear. I leave the dorm, as the specialists start to arrive to Alfea.

My brother approaches Rena, with a genuine smile on his face. She says something to him, before they start kissing. I sigh heavily, before carefully examining the crowd around me. That's when Rena notices me and a smirk forms on her lips.

She whispers something to Alex, as he nods lightly and follows her towards me. She heads in my direction, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. I look around for my friends, realizing that none of them are in sight.

It was a matter of seconds before I was face to face with them. "Hey, Aqua," she states, as I smile nervously. "You okay?" I run a hand through my hair and shrug my shoulders, as she eyes me carefully. Hurt forms within her eyes, as Alex holds her hand.

"Yeah..." I murmur, trying to come up with an excuse. "I still cannot believe the outcome of the battle against the trixs! It was amazing how everyone came together to stop them!" Rena rolls her eyes in annoyance, as I force a smile.

"Aqua, it's a shame that the other members of the winx aren't here," she mocks, as a smirk forms on her lips. "Even so, you could've handled the Trixs a lot better on your own." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. Is that a compliment or insult? At the same time, I cannot believe that she talked to me like that!

"Well, you never fought them," I point out, as she scowls. "Don't think that you can fight them easily and win." Her eyes flash dangerously, before she storms away with my brother on her tail. I sigh heavily, before staring at the ground.

If I wasn't wearing makeup, I'd definitely be tearing up. My oldest friend has turned against me. "Aqua, are you okay?" A voice comes from behind. I turn around, being face to face with Flora.

"I think so..." I hum, trying to hide my emotions. Flora smiles, before wrapping her arms around me. "I understand what you're going through," she states, as my eyes widen in surprise. "There will be plenty of times when people enter and leave your life. That's apart of life..."

I smile softly. "Y-You're right..."

She nods, as her green eyes seem to light up. "I'm happy that I can help you out," Flora admits, as I meet her gaze. She wears a cute, pink and green dress that barely covers her butt, with some casual heels.

"Flora, you look so cute!" I state, as a bright smile forms on her face. "Also, thank you for being there for me." She nods lightly, staring at me for a moment. A second later, Stella approaches us. She wears a gorgeous, gold and pink dress with gold heels.

"How do I look?" She asks, winking at us. Before we have time to answer, the boys walk into the room, as Stella hurries over to Brandon. "Of course he would be her first priority," I say bluntly, as Flora chuckles.

"Where's Bloom?" Flora questions. My eyes widen in remembrance, as I realize that she's not with us. I shift nervously, hoping that checking on her with my orb wouldn't be a bad idea. "Magic orb, show me Bloom," I state, as Bloom flashes on the orb.

Bloom was quickly brushing her hair, struggling to get ready in a hurry. "Oh no. She's going to be late, isn't she?" Flora asks, with worry evident in her tone. My orb disappears into thin air, as I shake my head no.

"She'll be here on time," I say confidently, as Flora's face softens. "Besides, Ms. Faragonda wouldn't start without her." She chuckles to herself, as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. A few seconds later, Bloom hurries towards us, struggling to put on her shoes and wearing the most hideous headband I've ever seen.

"Hey, Bloom!" Flora says kindly, smiling at her. "Are you excited?" Bloom nods lightly, as I use my magic to make the headband vanish into thin air. Bloom shoots a glare at me, as she clenches her fists in rage.

"Why did you do that?" She demands, as I smile sweetly. "That was my favorite headband." I shake my head and chuckle to myself, as she tilts her head to the side in confusion. I would hate to see what her least favorite headband looks like.

"Don't wear headbands again," I order, as she studies me. "You look better without them." She heaves a sigh, before nodding lightly. I meet her gaze, before bursting out laughing.

"Attention, everyone!" Ms. Faragonda calls, as everyone turns to stare at her. She claps her hands, with an enormous grin on her face. "I can't wait!" I cheer, as Bloom nods.

"We suffered great damage from the attacks of the Trixs, but thanks to everyone's efforts, Alfea was rebuilt," she states. "Thanks to a group of fairies, Alfea is back and better than ever!"

Stella grins. "That's us!"

"Winx, come on up here," the headmistress says, as I lead the way to the stage. As I get onto the stage, I search the crowd for Rena, knowing that she was in the crowd somewhere. I soon find her in the crowd, making out with my brother.

As much as I hate how she's acting, I didn't want to say anything. "Ms. Faragonda, we couldn't have defeated the Trixs without the help of everyone here," Bloom says, adding some cheesy saying into it.

Of course she would say something cheesy. I chuckle, as the winx stares at me. I shrug my shoulders, as Rena meets my gaze. She must feel miserable, and I can't help but feel sorry for her.

Once we leave the stage, all I want to do is run up to Rena and try to explain things to her. "Aqua!" A voice calls, stopping me in my tracks. Stella stands there, pulling me in for a picture. I smile, being thankful to be apart of this group.

That's when I notice Rena approaching us. "Don't worry, Winx," she says, with a bitterness in her tone. "Once she's sick of you, Aqua will start to ignore you and then completely get rid of you." My eyes widen in horror, as regret forms in the pit of my stomach.

"Rena..." I say softly, as tears brim in my eyes. "I'm..." Before I could say anything, I sprint towards my dorm, trying to contain my tears. Why does this always happen to me?