Home at Last

Maya's POV

As soon as the door opens, Riley literally flies across the room to me.
"PEACHEEESSSS!"
She wraps me in this hug that I know I won't get out of anytime soon. I was right; we stand there for literally five minutes before she lets me go. It was a pretty good five minutes though, I'm not gonna lie.
Once I'm released from the Riley hug fest, I go straight for my mom. I can't go fast because I'm still in the boot for walking more than a little bit at a time.
"I missed you," I whisper as she hugs me tight.
"Oh I miss you more, babygirl!"
Shawn comes over and joins the hug.
"Hey kiddo!" he says.
"I missed you too."
After I'm released from their hug, I limp over to Topanga's open arms. Topi hugs are my favourite.
"Ohhhh Maya we missed you. How are you doing? Is your ankle doing better?"
"Yeah."
"That's great! Here you go sit down with Riley, can we see it?"
"Sure, I guess."
I plop down next to Riles and take my boot off. Riley puts a pillow on the coffee table and I put my foot on it.
Before I say anything, I hear someone coming down the stairs.
"Is Maya here yet?" a voice that sounds like Auggie asks.
Once he gets to the bottom of the stairs, he says, "Awh man, I missed the big grand arrival!"
Everyone laughs.
"Hey Auggs," I smile.
He comes over to hug me, after a minute he looks at my exposed ankle and jumps up.
"Ew! It looks so weird and bumpy!"
"That's because of the screws and stuff that are in it," I laugh.
Riley looks closes and literally gags.
"Riles, I didn't think I looked that bad jeez!"
"I looks better then it smells!" she laughs.
"Oh yeah, it sweats a lot in the boot."
"Ew!"
I show her how it's literally stuck in the same position which she thinks is so weird.
I walk around without the boot which makes everyone happy, even though it looks weird because I have no mobility in my ankle.
I need to start walking on it more consistently, which is hard because it hurts a lot.
It's pretty amazing to just walk after all this time.

A/N
guys so sorry i haven't updated in so long! i'm about the finish this story, which is kind of bittersweet. thank you all so much for reading this❤️
STAY TUNED FOR AN EPILOGUE
-shawna😴🖤