•9• Never Again

Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:

Never Again

The mild spring air blows through my hair as we drive along the tree-lined roads.

I feel relaxed- the piano has made me calm, and the setting sun is beginning to make this moment in the car with the roof down, the radio blaring whilst Zac taps the steering wheel to the beat, seem perfect.

It gives me these butterflies that are indescribable. That feeling you get when you're in a situation that you wish you can mentally take a photo of; storing it as a memory forever. I throw my head back, staring into the sky, cherishing this moment.

I turn to look at Zac- his eyes are fixed on the road ahead of him. The golden sun gives his arms a golden glow as they stretch out in front of him.

He catches me staring.

"What are you staring at?" He takes his eyes off the road to look back at me.

"Nothing, I'm just taking in what's around me." I reply, shuffling in my seat to get comfy again.

"So then are you not going to tell me?" He asks.

"Tell you what?" I reply nervously.

"Tell me about this incredible singing ability of yours." He says with a laugh.

"Oh, that? It's nothing." I blush.

"You cannot tell me that what I just witnessed in that hall was nothing. I've seriously never heard anything like it. You need to get out there Lola."

"You're kidding!" I laugh out loud, smacking my hand on his dashboard.

"What? What's so funny. I'm serious." He replies, confused.

"Zac, until today, no one other than my old music teacher had ever heard me sing. That's how I wanted to keep it, but that's a bit too late now."

"Why?" Zac questions.

"Because I just don't hear what you do. I'm nothing amazing; I'm average if that. I'd never make it if I tried to pursue something to do with music." My voice goes quiet with the sad thought in my mind.

"You're kidding me!" He says, refusing to believe what I've just said to him.

"Lola, come on. What I heard was insane. You just need to believe in yourself; trust me." He ensures.

"Hmm I'll try, but I can't promise anything." I say.

"At least tell the group you can sing, for me?" He pleads.

"Maybe."

"And perform for them?" He is pushing his luck now.

"Maybe one day but not for a long while yet." I say with an unimpressed tone.