•13• Yes

Chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

Yes

"You're going on a date?" My mum and Sophie shriek in synchronisation as I tell them both at the same time. Sophie on the phone, Mum stands in the doorway.

"Yes." I answer back, laughing at their excitement.

"Where and when?" My mum asks, her face full of happiness which my face is beginning to mirror.

"Tomorrow night and he won't tell me! He said that he wanted to surprise me."

Mum squeals at my response.

"Oh my god, what are you going to wear?" Sophie asks.

"This is the problem, I have no idea!" I moan.

My mum runs over to my closet, throwing the door open, flicking through my clothes.

"However, yesterday, after I said yes to going on the date, he told me to wear something fancy." My mind fills with possible outfit ideas that I can wear.

I turn my attention back to my mum, her eyes lingering on one dress in particular.

"I think this one would be perfect." She says, holding the burgundy dress in her hand.

The dress is strapless with a v-neck cut. It's tight, showing off every curve and the colour of it matches perfectly with my brunette hair.

I've never worn this dress, it is so beautiful that I've always told myself that I'll save it for a special occasion.

And I guess this date is going to be something pretty special.

"I want to see it! Send me a picture." Sophie excitedly replies.

Taking my phone, I quickly take a picture, sending it to Sophie.

"YES!" She shouts back, resulting in my mum letting out a loud laugh.

I smile at her as she holds the dress out towards me.

"I have the perfect clutch bag to go with this! Let me grab it." She passes me the dress before running out of the door.

"So Zac finally won you over did he?" Sophie questions, her voice all smug.

"Yeah, he apologised for everything and we agreed to stop fighting. Then he became his usual self, using his words to charm me and as you can see, his words obviously worked."

"Did he charm you with anything else other than his words? If you get what I mean." She hints.

"Maybe..." I reply shyly.

I can hear her trying not to let out another scream.

"Lola, you have got to tell me everything." She demands.