Chapter V

I shuffle quietly back to my room, people paying little to no attention to me. Who was that voice? I know it was a woman, her voice was so beautiful. I can't help but thinking that her voice and my fathers would sound like... like... heaven together. I push open the doors to my room and immediately my father is gripping my shoulders.

"Where have you been?!" He yells at me. I push his hands off and I walk over to the piano, almost in a trance. I play the melody that the voice sang last. My father freezes and starts singing.

"Say you love me..." His voice gives out. "You know I do. Love me..." I keep going, the melody getting louder and louder in my head. I try to keep playing, but it keeps on growing. I place my hands over my ears and slide off the bench. I crumple onto the floor, crying out. I can see my father's mouth calling my name, but all I can hear is the melody. I scream, making any noise, trying to rise above the song, but it just gets louder and doesn't stop. I don't know how long it went on, but it felt like years to me. I suddenly feel hands surround me and it stops. I look to see who saved my sanity, but the face is all fuzzy. It's a woman. I feel like I know her, but I know I don't. I close my eyes and when I open them again, it's Meg. I push myself away.

"Where is she?" I ask. Meg looks confused. "Where is who?" She asks. "Where is that woman!" I scream. I push myself into the piano bench, knocking it over. I see my music on the table nearby and rush to it. My father beats me to it, so I end up plowing into the table instead. I ignore the pain and turn to him. I must look purely insane.

"Give it to me," I growl. He reaches one hand out. "C-"

"Don't!" I yell at him. "You refused to tell me what that meant. Did you just think I would never find out? I won't be in the dark forever." I hold my hand out. "Now, give me my music!" I lunge at him, but right at that moment, a melody crashes into my head and I crumble to the floor. I cry out again, and I can feel the tears streaming down my face. Meg is back at my side, cradling my head in her lap. My father falls next to her and whispers something in her ear. She passes my head into his hands. She looks down at me, pure pain in her eyes, and slowly leaves. My father very carefully lays my head down in his lap. I look up at him.

"Have I lost my mind?" I ask him. "No, of course not." He strokes my hair. I reach my hand up and touch his mask. He flinches and grips my wrist. I wait for him to push me away, but he just pulls his hand away and nods. I carefully pull his mask off. I smile.

"Much better." We sit for a few minutes in silence then he begins to sing a song quietly.

"Papa?" I ask hesitantly. "When you compose... do you ever hear... voices?"

"What do you mean darling?" He adjusts my head, so he can see me better. "I was playing the piano earlier and a voice came into my head. It was a woman's voice and she called me something."

"What did she call you?" My father says as quietly as he can. "She says I was to write and sing for her. With her. That we were one. She was going to help me be all that I could be."

"What did she call you?" Papa repeats.

"Her angel of music."

Immediately, my father drops my head onto the floor. I gasp in pain, but right at that moment, music explodes in my head. And it won't stop.

AN: Lucky you guys, I'm updating twice today! (I just wanted to get to 5 chapters haha) Follow me on Instagram (_thequeensierra_) and give me feedback there too! Love ya!