Mr. Marano and Drugs (chapter 15)

Laura's POV

I've been here for a while. Enough to lose a track of time. 

I can see that it's dark through the little hole where a brick is missing.

I know what you're thinking... It' a book. She will somehow magically be able to escape, but this isn't the case. I already tried. The hole is too small and other bricks surrounding the hole are placed in a way which not even a tank would be able to break through it.

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.

I've been getting the food regularly so that's good. It means that they want me alive, for now.

It's usually something from fast food restaurants so I do eat well, but not really healthy. I mean if you live with Ross you can never eat healthy. That guy could eat a whole bowl of Nutella on his own.

My mind was often occupied with him since I was here. In fact, I don't think I thought about anything or anyone else. I wondered what he was doing. If he even knew that I was missing. If he knows is he doing anything about it?

Ross' POV

We got to the ballroom. I felt so out of character. I'm not a businessman in a suit. I'm Ross. A funny guy that rides airplanes and enjoys annoying his girlfriend.

"You see that door?" Ella asked

I nodded

"He might be in there. I saw a couple of bartenders go inside with drinks," she said

"So what do we do?" I asked

"We get in," she said and I rolled my eyes

"Obviously, but how?" I asked, but she was already gone

I looked around and saw her walking to some grandpa. I hurry my steps and go with her. Once we were in front of him she gave him a flirty smile and I almost gagged. He's so wrinkly. His dick is probably like a dead flow-

"Hi," she said and put her hand out

The grandpa took her hand and kissed it.

"What brings such a beautiful lady to me?" he asked and checked her out while saying that.

Once again mentally gagged.

"You seem like an interesting man," she said and looked at me "This is my brother Ross."

When the man gave her a skeptical look she chuckled and said "Half brother. We have the same father. Although he is truly like a brother to me"

Now that is an understatement since she openly told me that she liked me.

"You are a beautiful woman," he said

He was ignoring me. Great.

"Thanks," she said, "Could you tell me where the bathroom is?"

"It's right there" he pointed at it

"The one with black doors?" she asked

"No" he stiffened "Don't go in there. You don't want to get into that kind of business"

She nodded and smiled at him.

"Thanks. Well I really need to use the bathroom, but it was nice meeting you" she said and grabbed the sleeve of my jacket.

"Did you see how he reacted? And I don't want to get into that kind of business? What kind of business is that?" she asked

"Drugs?" I asked

"Could be, but why would they be doing drugs on this kind of event?" she asked "There has to be something more to it"

"Selling drugs?" I asked "They are businessmen. They could sell 1kg of drugs without a problem and get rich really easily"

She looked at the door and turned to me "We definitely have to get in there"

"Ella they are dangerous. For all, we know they could be armed" I said trying to reason with her.

"Well do you want your precious Laura back or not?" she asked

"Of course I do. It's all I want, but-" I started, but it was too late because she already opened the door.

I peeked into the room, but it was just a dark hallway. I looked skeptically at Ella and she nodded, encouraging me to get in. I gulped loudly like they do in cartoons and slowly started walking into the darkness that was the hallway.

I could hear Ella's footsteps close behind me, but I didn't turn to look at her. I was trying to concentrate on my steps and watch where I was going.

As we started to get closer to the part of the hallway where the lights were on, but they were dimmed, I could hear sounds coming from the room not close to us.

I got my hopes up that maybe this is where they were keeping Laura, but boy was I wrong.

Just as I was about to open the door I heard Ella gasp. I turn around to look at her, but her mouth was covered by a hand. A very familiar hand. As I tried to get a hold of things and my surroundings my eyes met with one and only. Mr. Marano.

His brown eyes stared at me as I stared right back at him. As intimidating as he looked, I didn't want to show him my weaknesses. In a way, I wanted to prove to him that I was the right person for Laura and then maybe this whole thing would stop and we would laugh at it two years from now.

But this wasn't a fairytale. A man who was crazy enough to get his own daughter kidnapped because of me will be the last one to support Laura's decision and support us.

What's funny is that once upon a time he actually liked me. He looked at me as his son and my father as a brother. It's sad how things changed.

"No time, no see Mr. Lynch," he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for not updating. I had some exams and stuff so I had to take care of that. Now I'm on my spring break so I can update more often.