16

Charlie closed the door behind her as she walked to the bus stop in this and her Nike backpack.^

"Hey Charles." Ken said as she sat down. "Hey." She said posting a picture on Snapchat. By now, all of the boys fanbases know about Charlie.

-

"Good morning Mr. Perez." She said as she entered her classroom. "Good morning charlie." He replied as she sat down next to her friend. "Hello Kate." Charlie said.

"Did you do the flashcards?" She asked. "No I didn't have any left and the boys wouldn't take me to the store." Charlie responded. "I did them but Perez over here might get mad." She warned. "I'll be fine." She replied.

"Okay. Take out your flashcards. If you did them, you have a 100. If you didn't, you have a 0. That simple." He said, then proceeded to check everyone.

"Well, Charlene is the only one who didn't do hers so would you like to explain why?" He asked. "Well, first of all, my name is Charlie. Second of all I couldn't do them because I ran out and nobody would take me to the store." Charlie snapped, already getting annoyed.

"Who is "nobody?" Her teacher asked.
"My brothers." She said. "What about your parents?" He asked being a bitch. "I.. I don't have parents sir." She replied honestly. "Awwe poor thing." He said making fun of her. "Now go to the office." He demanded.

"Why? I didn't do anything!" She snapped agrily. "You just snapped at me now GO!" He answered.

Charlie got up and threw her backpack on her shoulder. "Asshole." She muttered. She basically punched the door knob as she opened the door and slammed it behind her, then she walked downstairs to the front office.

The pushed open the door and was greeted by the principal. "PLEASE go sit in there and wait. It'll be about 30 minutes. I'm busy with something." She said and Charlie nodded, and slipped her earbuds in and started to listen to music.

She thought about Daniel and all that's happened. What did I do to deserve this? What did she do to deserve all the criticism, hate, and just everything. Why did she have to be taken. Why did she have to be dumb? Why isn't she as pretty as she wants to be? She felt tears of regret form as her nose started burning. She clenched her eyes shut as a few dry tears fell out of her eyes.

Next period was lunch, and she didn't have any. What a great day it will be once she gets targeted by the principal. She sniffled and let out a choppy breath as she stared at her hands in fear of what would happen next.

She heard footsteps and assumed it was the principal, so she got tense and wiped her tears a bit, smudging her mascara. The person put their hand on her shoulder and she flinched. When she looked up, it was Daniel. She ripped her earbuds out and hugged him, letting out a sob.

"Hey princess. What's wrong?" He asked rubbing her back. "Mr. Perez sent me in here because I couldn't do my flashcards." She cried looking up. "Just get me out of here before they hurt me!" She cried even harder. "I'm scared..." She whispered. Daniels heart shattered as he marched out of the office to Perezes room.

He may not be able to hurt him, but he surely was going to give him a piece of his mind. Charlie tried to hold him back in fear of embarrassment.

When Daniel got to the door, he opened it, not even second guessing himself.

"So you're just going to tell a perfectly normal girl that she needs to go to the office!?" Daniel snapped. "She snapped at me sir!" He acted like an old man.

"WELL YOU MADE HER FEEL LIKE SHIT BECAUSE SHE HAS NO PARENTS!" Charlie's friend yelled.

"YOU WHAT!?" Daniel screamed at him. "He called her a 'poor thing' because he she told him that she couldn't go to the store because she has no parents." Her friend added.

"Daniel let's get out of here." Charlie said pulling on his arm. He looked at Charlie and yanked his arm out of her grip. "Daniel stop!" She demanded as he walked from the door, making his way to Perez. "DANIEL STOP!" She screamed making him turn around.

He made eye contact with her and she ran out of the room to sit in front of the lockers by that room. She didn't want to be a part of this. He caught up with her.

-

"I don't think fake nails can fix what you did." Charlie said in the car, on the way home. "I know I'm sorry. I never wanted to upset you. I just thought that-" he was cut off by a car honk. Memories of when Charlie met Daniel fled back. Then, blackness.

"I love you Charlie." Was the last thing she heard before waking up in a hospital bed. "Daniel?" She whispered as she shot up. "Charlie! You're okay." Corbyn said giving her a hug. "Where's daniel?" She asked scarcely.

"He is right here." Jonah said pulling a curtain, revealing Daniel. He didn't look good. "The doctor said he may never wake up." Jack said shakily.

"What happened?" Charlie asked. "You guys got hit head on by a truck. An 18 wheeler tok be exact." Jonah said. She slowly got up and walked over to Daniel. "Daniel? Please wake up for me. Please. I need you I need you I need you. Please." Charlie said crying. "WAKE UP!!" She litterally screamed. It broke the boys hearts.

"Charlie he cant!" Zach said. "I'm sorry princess. He wont." Zach added.

She got on top of him and laid on him.

"I need you. I need your smile, your messy hair. I need all of you. Daniel I love you." She whispered in his ear holding his hand at the same time.

"I love you too."

"Daniel!" She yelled. Jonah yelled for a doctor.

-

Daniel woke up. He's alive!

"He is actually awake!" Charlie said. She looked at Daniel, walking in the room. Sobbing, she hugged his chest on her tippy toes. "I love you Charlie." He said sobbing as well, bent over in her ear.

That night, they slept in the same bed.

Tangled legs.

Tangled arms.

Tangled love that would last forever.

Until it ends.