Love me, tonight || 1

Betty POV

Jughead's soft scent made me feel safe. Hard to imagine anywhere being safe. Not when there's a world of monsters outside. Jughead had his arms around me, and I was wearing one of his t-shirts. All I could think about was what would be greeting me when I got home. His devilish grin, his twisted eyes. They ran shivers down my spine. I buried my face into his chest, and squeezed him tight. 

"Hey Betts, are you okay?" He whispered in my ear. 

"Yeah." I whispered back.

"Was it bad?" He asked me. I looked up at him with a look of confusion. Then the nights events played through on my mind, and slowed down when it got to our moment.

"No. Not at all." I whispered with a smile on my face. 

"Then what's wrong?" He whispered. I was hesitant to tell him, but I told him everything. 

"Chic." I sighed eventually.

"It'll be okay. I promise." He said reassuringly. I believed him. He could tell me the earth is flat and I'd still believe him. 

Jughead POV

"Well I should probably get going." She sighed. I didn't want to let her go. I didn't want her around her brother. I didn't trust him. 

"Do you want to stay the night?" I asked her in an attempt to get her to stay. 

"My mom would never let me." She giggled softly. God, I loved her. She wriggled slowly out of my grasp, and began to change back into her own clothes. 

"Let me walk you home." I grinned. She sat down on the bed, and looked me in the eyes.

"I'd love that Juggie." She whispered slowly. She brought her lips to mine. We broke away slowly. I got out of bed, and threw on the first articles of clothing I could find. We walked out into the living room where my dad was on the couch. 

"When did you get home?" I asked him. He was still in his Pop's uniform. 

"Just a few minutes ago. Do I need to drop you home Betty?" He asked, you could hear the strain in his voice. 

"All good, I'll walk her home." I said with a grin on my face.

"Be safe, bye Betty." He yawned.

"Goodnight Mr Jones" She said and wrapped her arm around mine. We left the trailer and began to walk up to the Northside. A couple times I felt Betty put her head on my shoulder. 

"You okay?" I asked her again. She nodded, and I heard her yawn. Before long, we arrived at her street. I walked slower. I didn't want to let her go just yet. When  we arrived at her house, I could feel her stiffen. 

Betty POV

When we got to my house, there was only one light on. Upstairs, in Polly's old room. I grabbed Jughead's hand tightly. 

"Hey." He whispered, and brought me into an embrace. "It'll be okay. I'm only a phone call away." He kissed me slowly. We parted slowly. 

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked me. I looked out into Chic's room, and I could've sworn I saw him behind the curtin. I didn't want him to leave, but I knew we would get in trouble. I shook my head. 

"Call me of you need me." He said softly. "Bye." He squezed my hand one more time, and took off down the street. I looked up in the house, felt my stomach drop.