More than love || 4

Jughead POV

I ran into the Sheriff's Office and struggled to catch my breath. Sheriff Keller was sitting at his desk, and didn't even bat an eyelash.

"Yes Jughead?" He sighed, still looking at his paperwork.

"Do you know what they're doing to the kids over at the Sister's Of Quiet Mercy?" I exclaimed. Sheriff Keller sighed, and put down his papers. 

"Not really, but the Sister's of quiet Mercy are a private institution. There's nothing I could do." He said firmly. I could feel my blood boiling. The picture of Betty standing there was all I could think about. Her cheeks tear stained, and her legs bruised. I felt a pang in my chest and my heart was longing for her. 

"So you won't do anything?" I shouted at him. He shook his head. I left his office and slammed the door shut as hard as I could. I marched down the corridors and leave the station. There was only one person that I could turn to now.

Betty POV

During silent reflection time, I sat down at the bench in the garden of deliverance much like Polly did when she was here many months ago. I placed my hand on my stomach. I couldn't imagine giving my baby up for adoption. I just couldn't. I would raise my baby with Jughead. I'd escape some how. It really was silent, except for a bee flying around the roses. The petals of the roses were soft and light. They reminded me of the feet of a baby. I could almost hear a baby giggling. But then my attention was brought back to the present when I felt someone come up from behind me. 

Jughead POV

I knocked loudly on the front door.

"Calm down!" I heard him yell from inside. When he opened the door, he looked annoyed. 

"Jughead. What do you want?" He sighed.

"Archie I know we're not on speaking terms but Betty's in danger!" I explained. 

"If that's code for 'Mrs Cooper won't let me see her' I won't have anything to do with it." He snapped, and slammed the door in my face. I would have to do this alone, but I would do it, and I had a plan.

Betty POV

I felt someone grip my shoulders. I turned around to see who it was, but instead it all went black.